• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

U.S. Carrier 'warned' not to return to the Persian Gulf by Iran

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Now there's a good old fashioned line in the sand. How refreshing. I wonder what they actually want from us. I also wonder how UAE and Saudi Arabia feel about this. Hell, I wonder what our own response will be, especially since we've already turned the heat up a little bit economically.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Does this mean Iran is backing out of UNCLOS? According to the internet, they signed it...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Linked Story said:
Iran's rial currency, which reached a record low on Tuesday and has fallen by 40 percent against the dollar in the past month.
Queues formed at Tehran banks and some currency exchange offices shut their doors as Iranians scrambled to buy dollars to protect their savings.
I liked this part of the story. Keep digging, assholes.

For everyone else, all this amounts to is standard rhetoric. Those of you imagining "excitement" or a US response are, well... imagining things. The reason Iran has stepped up it's rhetoric is because they know the sanctions are having an increasingly negative effect domestically. They also know that if they make the first move militarily, they'll become the recipient of an internationally sanctioned ass raping session that will make Praying Mantis feel like a mosquito bite.

I'm enjoying the theater. :D

Brett

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Just more white noise from Iran. Give me a break. Our response will be to shove a carrier through the straits every few weeks like we have been for the past few decades.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
We're Americans, we do everything in excess. (Not to be confused with INXS)

See video for more details:

TXSooner07

None
It wasn't an honest suggestion or my serious thoughts on the matter. More like something I would do on a video game. Btw, that super size me movie made me want to puke when I saw it. I also want to puke right now knowing I had Mickey D's for lunch :(