• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

U.S. Carrier 'warned' not to return to the Persian Gulf by Iran

navyao

I liked this part of the story. Keep digging, assholes.

For everyone else, all this amounts to is standard rhetoric. Those of you imagining "excitement" or a US response are, well... imagining things. The reason Iran has stepped up it's rhetoric is because they know the sanctions are having an increasingly negative effect domestically. They also know that if they make the first move militarily, they'll become the recipient of an internationally sanctioned ass raping session that will make Praying Mantis feel like a mosquito bite.

I'm enjoying the theater. :D

Brett

Funny you mention Operation Praying Mantis...A co-worker asked me about Iran and if I knew what the big deal was about the Straights of Hormuz. I immediately went into Praying Mantis, I was in Enterprise during that, it was my first deployment and we were known the Hormuz Highway Patrol! I told him how we sent at least two of their frigates to the bottom of the gulf and left several of their oil platforms on fire after they tried closing the straights in '88. I remember the TARPS photos of one of their frigates that was just dead in the water, it was full of holes after taking hits from several MK-20's. That was the first time I ever saw an AGM-123B Skipper too, I don't even think those are being used anymore?