• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Two More Weeks

Tiffany Murphy

Action is the foundational key to all success.
I turned in my packet June 6. Did MEPS and took OAR a week prior and talked to my OR for the first time 3 weeks before submitting my packet! I am counting down the days now and hoping these net 2 weeks go fast!

elliottm2

I would just like to take the opportunity to bring up the fact that something monumental is also happening on the 15th of July. I of course am talking about the return of TWINKIES and the rest of the Hostess treats. Coincidence? I think NOT good sirs!

On a more serious note, look up navy ocs dad, it has a day by day guide to ocs and things you should know.

Also, does anyone know what the word is on this selection board's prospective report dates? Just curious

And what NRD district did you guys submit apps with? In mine (Philly) I didn't need to go through MEPS pre-application.

Robert Allen

I've fixed them, now I fly them!
I turned in my packet June 6. Did MEPS and took OAR a week prior and talked to my OR for the first time 3 weeks before submitting my packet! I am counting down the days now and hoping these net 2 weeks go fast!
The last couple weeks since the 19th has gone by fast, but I feel over this holiday it may slow down.
I notice traffic has slowed down throughout this forum, especially for the July Board trend!

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
The last couple weeks since the 19th has gone by fast, but I feel over this holiday it may slow down.
I notice traffic has slowed down throughout this forum, especially for the July Board trend!
I've notice that traffic has slowed down as well but I'm sure it will pick up next as the board date gets even closer.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Sorry to intrude on your thread, but I left my ID in my computer a few weeks ago when I went out to lunch one day off base. When I tried to get back on base, the sentry actually asked me to list one of the General Orders. I kid you not, it was the first time since OCS I had been asked that but I recited one nonetheless. Who knew that memorizing them before OCS would be beneficial 12 years later.

When fucked up students come and make an abortion of SDO turn over, they get to come back until they get them right ;)

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
And what NRD district did you guys submit apps with?

NRD Minneapolis
My initial contact was with NORS Iowa City but after a month of not hearing anything back and almost saying "forget about it" the district office called me up out of the blue and said they would glad to work with me.

Tiffany Murphy

Action is the foundational key to all success.
So far time has been going fast because we have had family visiting and going on trips but now we have nothing planned so I'm sure these 2 weeks are going to drag by. I have printed off some things to study and between running and crossfit, hopefully I can stay busy so the anticipation doesn't drive me crazy!

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Can you be a SNA? I know you are prior but isn't it 29 by commissioning since you can get waivered for 24 months?

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
I'm doing a LOT of swimming and cardio. My friend that was in P-Cola for initial training said that it was non stop swimming until he classed up. I've been anxiously waiting for the board and also religiously checking AW for any new updates. My whole process started back in Sept 12. I took the ASTB, reached out to other Officers for LORs and basically started putting my package together. I was also taking classes in order to graduate by May so my application would not be rejected.

Sweet. Sounds like it all lines up for you. Hope it all works out!

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
My recruiter and I thought that at 29, I was already too old to apply for SNA and initially only put down SNFO and AMDO. However, the processor said that the prior service waiver was year for year. The 4 years of active duty service apparently puts my age limit for pilot at 30.

Wow that's weird because according to the Program Authorization 29 is the maximum. Only a maximum of 24 months may be waived, unless it was recently changed. Here is the PA straight from CNRC's website: http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/PAs/PA_106_AVIATION_OFF_CANDIDATE.pdf