• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Two More Weeks

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
I don't know about the rest of you applicants, but I am excited. Everyday that passes seemed to have taken forever. Its almost time for the boards. Still studying and running. Hope you all are doing the same.

Macfuego

I don't know about the rest of you applicants, but I am excited. Everyday that passes seemed to have taken forever. Its almost time for the boards. Still studying and running. Hope you all are doing the same.
what are you studying?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
My guess is OCS gouge. I wish we would all be a little more active during these long two weeks haha.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sorry to intrude on your thread, but I left my ID in my computer a few weeks ago when I went out to lunch one day off base. When I tried to get back on base, the sentry actually asked me to list one of the General Orders. I kid you not, it was the first time since OCS I had been asked that but I recited one nonetheless. Who knew that memorizing them before OCS would be beneficial 12 years later.

Surf

pilot
The application process has been a learning experience, most importantly in patience! I took my ASTB back in December of '12, and between getting LOR's, waivers, doing a metric ton of paperwork and missing the March boards, I am ready for this one. When did you guys start your application?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Took my ASTB in Feb 13, retook ASTB and did MEPS April 2013, Submitted package second week of May 2013. Ya this hasn't been too bad its similar to the process of applying to veterinary schools. Just a lot more hoops to jump through in regards to medical and any other stuff that comes up i.e waivers, etc.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Initial contact was in March. Didn't hear back until late April. Took ASTB and went to MEPS this month and got my packet submitted in time for the July Board. I'd say that the whole process has gone pretty smoothly thus far.

BleedGreen

pilot
ASTB: Ocotber 2012
Physical: Nov-Dec
LOR's:January
Physical returned from N3M as DQ'ed the day before packets were due for the March Board. Thus began the 9 week battle between the local NRD, N3M, NAMI, and myself. Let's just say the squeeky wheel got the oil and my letter was corrected.
Updated package for rolling boards: Mid-March
Missed the latest rolling boards deadline by one day (according to the recruiter at least)
Packaged was pro-boarded: Late April
Waiting game: April-Present

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
I'm doing a LOT of swimming and cardio. My friend that was in P-Cola for initial training said that it was non stop swimming until he classed up. I've been anxiously waiting for the board and also religiously checking AW for any new updates. My whole process started back in Sept 12. I took the ASTB, reached out to other Officers for LORs and basically started putting my package together. I was also taking classes in order to graduate by May so my application would not be rejected.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Sorry to intrude on your thread, but I left my ID in my computer a few weeks ago when I went out to lunch one day off base. When I tried to get back on base, the sentry actually asked me to list one of the General Orders. I kid you not, it was the first time since OCS I had been asked that but I recited one nonetheless. Who knew that memorizing them before OCS would be beneficial 12 years later.

Or "This officer does not know but will find out!" ballistically.

Evan Pappas

Completed my APSR back in August '12 and took the ASTB in October. Medical was a long process that required five visits over to Walter Reed throughout the Spring. The whole application was finally submitted late April/early May. I'm just happy to finally get my application to board and that this whole waiting game could be coming to an end soon.