• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Turn The Heat Off!!!

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
Turn the heat O.F.F.!!! (Youtube Video)

Saw this on youtube...obviously I'm not a military aviator, so I'm not 100% qualified to speak, but WTF?

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Saw this on youtube...obviously I'm not a military aviator, so I'm not 100% qualified to speak, but WTF?

I'm sure this video is a repost, but I'm too lazy to find it for you.

And if I can remember the story correctly, whatever aircraft they were in automatically ejects the pilot is the interior temp hits a magic number.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'd be *guessing* here, but I'd imagine that the T-38 could get pretty damn hot with the heater full up....I know the T-45 could

(to the point where you would wish you could get out)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
This is a re-post from a few years ago -- we had quite a discussion at the time on what constituted a 'good' vs. an 'evil' Instructor ... but the bottom line (for me) is/was: HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER TRAINED FOREIGN STUDs ??? HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER EXPERIENCED RUNAWAY COCKPIT TEMP ??? I have on both counts ... stand by for the 'pain' ... :eek:

+ rep for whomever wants to spend the search time to link the original discussion. :sleep_125

Yes, that is a bribe as I don't want to spend the time lookin' ... I'm old.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
What did you use for search criteria, 'sides 'heat' ... ???

I just searched for 'Topics Only' and used the search criteria 'heat'

Kansas ??? You're not Toto, are you?? You're not related to Skeeterman, are you ???

I'm quite sure I'm not Toto, although I have been to the Oz Museum http://www.ozmuseum.com/ in Wamego, KS
And as far as being related to Skeeterman, probably not. You're probably thinking of Arkansas, everyone's related down there!

blackbart22

pilot
Back in the day, the P5M outfit out of Iwakuni had a call sign of "Elk Lodge". You should hear what a Japanese air controler can to that one.