• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Turn The Heat Off!!!

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
When we gave student callsigns to these guys back circa when this video occurred, we'd always pick names like "Rollerblade" or "Barrel Roll" for the same reason.

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
When we gave student callsigns to these guys back circa when this video occurred, we'd always pick names like "Rollerblade" or "Barrel Roll" for the same reason.

I almost had my coffee come out of my nose when I read that...I was stationed in Japan with CVW-5 "Badman", and in HS-14 and it was always interesting when dealing with the JMSDF controllers. At least over at Yokota they were USAF personnel. I used to love making the Japanese say "really"...Oh, reery?...Yup, reery...Loved the country and the people! Oh, and doing ASW exercies with a Japanese ASAC ("Freedie") Now, that was a challenge and a bit hairy...We were doing some work with a Japanese D/E boat during my H-2 days and had a "hot datum". We actually had a Japanese HSS-3s (SH-3H) fly UNDER us while we had the MAD bird DEPLOYED!!! And, it looked like freaking Apocalypse Now with another 3 HSS-3s inbound to conduct a multiple dipper-ex! On the radio we had no clue what the JN ASAC was saying when he was trying to tell us we had a "stranger" inbound...Anyway, this example of communications and the lack thereof is HILARIOUS unless you are sitting there with the stuck bleed...LOL