• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Only flat spins kill, obviously. Lesson learned.
My headcanon is either "somehow he stuck with the post-departure gyration until the airspeed bled down to something less stupid" or "he lucked out, found himself still strapped to the seat after the breakup, and executed a manual bailout."

But in reality, cui gives a shit . . . it's a movie, and you can break any law of physics as long as it moves the story along and looks cool.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
Oh, and some of those shots on the VR-1355? Whoever got to film those . . . fuck you, you fucking lucky bastards. That's the aviation equivalent of lucking into a one-night stand with Scarlett Johansson.
I was around Whidbey when they did the filming.

They flew the '55 twice a day Monday thru Thursday and once on Friday to get the shots with at least one VAQ-129 jet leading the Rhinos/film jets.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
She owns the bar. Maybe thats her dream job following getting burned out from a highly lucrative, yet exhausting career in I-banking.

Didn't mean to imply she couldn't have been successful before settling down into bar owner, but considering the prices on Coronado these days (yikes!), the dad-miral buying it in the 80s and giving it to his kid seems more plausible

Mos

None
Didn't mean to imply she couldn't have been successful before settling down into bar owner, but considering the prices on Coronado these days (yikes!), the dad-miral buying it in the 80s and giving it to his kid seems more plausible
Perhaps more plausible is that she has both alimony from her previous marriage and is also successful on top of that.