• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

too much fun over spring break...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Be honest. I can't believe some of the stuff I hear you guys say. It shouldn't matter whehter they will find out. But just in case any of you guys think you know better, there is no such thing as a truely expunged record. There is a record of the "expunged" offense. And if there was any doubt, they will ask about ANY invovlement with the police or court system. I was cited, went to court and was found guilty of reckless flying (The flying wasn't reckless but the bombing accuracy was. The water balloons only just missed the cop by a few feet) I was selected waiting for OCS. I told my recruiter and he had me talk to a JAG at CRUITCOM. I appealed and it was overturned. Be honest. You will be screened for a TS clearance or better before you get to the fleet. You think these guys are Barney Fife?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
Question only similarly related to this... when do we get our security clearence? Submitted the EPSQ with final-docs, but do they wait until you're in OCS or what?

you won't get it until you need it.

you have no need for a security clearance before being winged. There's nothing "secret" about any of the training aircraft (except maybe for the E-2 FOs who go to the rag before wings.... not a fo, don't know for sure)

all that form does is allow them to clear you for a secret clearance, it doesnt automatically grant one. sorry, but a bunch of O1s straight out of OCS don't need to be handling anything vital to national security :icon_mi_1

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
also distantly related.

When my recruiter was getting all my info, he put down that I had two speeding tickets. I didnt think they cared about those unless it was excessive.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
yeah, I put my 3 tickets on my application, but in the EPSQ it says not to list them unless they are over $150; so that didn't happen.

STA-21-INTEL

I am an IS2 attached to an F/A-18C squadron where the primarly role of the IS (at least on the beach) is working clearances. I would echo what several have said and that is to include anything in your past in your EPSQ. They (DSS/OPM and DONCAF) look much more favorably on a past transgression you are willing to own up to and admit the mistake than the appearance of trying to hide it. I have seen several enlisted folks kicked out for fraudulent enlistment and several officers come very close for this very thing. The example I always give is the most common infraction found by the investigators and that is drugs, specificly marijuana. If an individual "experimented" in their past, they much prefer to hear about it from the individual in question than from a high school buddy who spills the beans when they are conducting the interview portion of the SSBI (the investigation required for a TS clearance). List the past infractions and, if asked about them by the agent later, express your remorse and desire to move on with your life.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How about the REAL issue here: The Navy's CORE VALUES of HONOR, COURAGE and COMMITMENT? Do any of those ring a bell? Be Honest....and don't take the lead from our former Commander in Chief. Nuff said.
ea6bflyr

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Honest, Lt ea6bflyer, I promise complete moral integrity ONCE I get the commission!!

Status
Not open for further replies.