• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

too little to fly?

wannaflywindy

Hopeful Pilot
So I recently found out I might be to short to be a pilot, Im 5'3. :( I was wondering, are there any other flight jobs that I might be able to do, like navigator, or wizzo? Flying for the navy has been my dream since I was a little girl, is there any hope? sorry if this is a stupid question, thanks for any help :)

phrogpilot73

I have a very good friend who is a 5'2" woman, and she's a combat-proven Phrog pilot. Until you get told "no" by NAMI - there is no "no".

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
@wannaflywindy:
There was a girl here at Sherman Field who was short enough that she (whilst strapped in) couldn't reach the T-6 canopy to pull it shut... the instructors concurred that it didn't matter, since she made anthro to fly. Keep keepin' on, and good luck.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
@wannaflywindy:
There was a girl here at Sherman Field who was short enough that she (whilst strapped in) couldn't reach the T-6 canopy to pull it shut... the instructors concurred that it didn't matter, since she made anthro to fly. Keep keepin' on, and good luck.

Did she have to steal a booster seat from Denny's to look over the glareshield?

Seems like that's the kind of thing anthro is supposed to screen for.

magnetfreezer

Seems like that's the kind of thing anthro is supposed to screen for.

They could have been more tolerant of her as a SNFO since she'd (hopefully) always be flying with a taller IP. There was a female NFO in my class who had been anthroed out of pilot before API since she couldn't get full deflection on the rudder pedals but they let her go NFO since there was no requirement to physically control the plane; now she's in Hornets.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
No; but if memory serves, she flew IFS sitting on a stack of pillows she nabbed off the couch in the lounge. :D