• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tomorrow is the Big Day

DoubleOswo7

That would be something ha. Has it been two weeks yet? Keep hoping I get a call from my LT all the time. Oh well. I saw on the other thread that someone got an email from their OR who heard that there was a higher selection rate this go around. Here's to hoping its true

My OR has wished I was younger as he said they were almost taking 100% of NFO's. I can imagine that's not true of poor packets but then again it seemed like I had to get my packet to a certain point for my OR to even send it in (54 5/5/5, 14 LORs, BS, global logistics ops experience, college football/lacrosse). So a high rate of those aloud to be sent in. He did mention there was word that the SWO board would be accepting quite a few as well. So its nice to hear similar chatter on the SWO community.

halfbreed83

My OR has wished I was younger as he said they were almost taking 100% of NFO's. I can imagine that's not true of poor packets but then again it seemed like I had to get my packet to a certain point for my OR to even send it in (54 5/5/5, 14 LORs, BS, global logistics ops experience, college football/lacrosse). So a high rate of those aloud to be sent in. He did mention there was word that the SWO board would be accepting quite a few as well. So its nice to hear similar chatter on the SWO community.
What are you applying for?

Buss

None
Mr Spenz and I are both in WA. Somehow we'll all end up connecting through Kevin Bacon.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Is that for this board or was he talking about the last 2 boards?

DoubleOswo7

H
Is that for this board or was he talking about the last 2 boards?

For NFO I think he was taking about this one or one in June very recent. Didn't matter for me being that I'm
28 and aged out for anything pilot. He was also talking about this SWO board possibly having a high
Acceptance rate. I saw some similar chatter on here as well speculating that. Nobody knows until the phone calls start comming in.

Zeb

H

For NFO I think he was taking about this one or one in June very recent. Didn't matter for me being that I'm
28 and aged out for anything pilot. He was also talking about this SWO board possibly having a high
Acceptance rate. I saw some similar chatter on here as well speculating that. Nobody knows until the phone calls start comming in.

Sucks, being 27 I just missed a shot at being an aviator as well. But perhaps if they need aviators so badly we might get a chance to switch at OCS?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Sucks, being 27 I just missed a shot at being an aviator as well. But perhaps if they need aviators so badly we might get a chance to switch at OCS?

I hear they take age seriously. But never know.

DoubleOswo7

Yea we got no shot. Age is age. My recruiter didn't even bother. My buddy was an enlisted Navy rescue
Diver and they wouldn't even let him in because of age.

DoubleOswo7

How many years did he serve and how old was he when he applied?[/quote

4-5 years. Couldn't apply because he was aged out. Believe he was 28/29. Prior service can get an age waiver however not 100% always given. From the research and what my OR says you must be 27 at time of commission. Just relaying what I heard.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I was 26 at OCS and commissioned two month's prior to my 27th birthday..talk about cutting it close.

SO what's the deal? Did the July board convene?