• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tomorrow is the Big Day

P

ProudNavyLady

Do you think finding out will make these weird OCS dreams stop? Third one last night.
Possibly. I know how it feels to have this wait really put life on hold. I'm sitting pretty broke at the moment and can't get a job until I hear about whether or not I got in and when or if I am shipping out. It's so aggravating! I don't think any hard drink will save me from my antsy state.

Irishav8r

Naval Aviator
Possibly. I know how it feels to have this wait really put life on hold. I'm sitting pretty broke at the moment and can't get a job until I hear about whether or not I got in and when or if I am shipping out. It's so aggravating! I don't think any hard drink will save me from my antsy state.

Do you think finding out will make these weird OCS dreams stop? Third one last night.

Keep your heads up you two and think positive. I keep dreaming too but its usually just more motivation to keep pushing myself getting ready. My dream is that i'm graduating then getting my wings and then launching off the pointy end of that carrier to deliver 2000 pound christmas presents to those who wish to do us harm.

P

ProudNavyLady

Keep your heads up you two and think positive. I keep dreaming too but its usually just more motivation to keep pushing myself getting ready. My dream is that i'm graduating then getting my wings and then launching off the pointy end of that carrier to deliver 2000 pound christmas presents to those who wish to do us harm.
Definitely trying. Thank you for the encouragement! We are all in this together. Just have to keep holding on and try not to lose all sanity in the process. Haha

jlentz1

Lol agreed! Being in limbo sucks! But that's how it is. When I was active duty that's how it was hurry up and wait lol.

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
Over a week in now and I see everyone is on edge. Glad to see so much excitement brewing!

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot

Lol That is so crazy. The fact that we are thinking about things so much to the point where our minds are still fixated on OCS and the process even while sleeping. My wife thought I was crazy when I talked about it and how all I want to do is succeed and help lead my country. Cant sleep. Nice to be able to tell her their are others just like me :)

Robo-03

Proud Wise Owl
pilot
Talk about dreaming about it... I am so close I can taste/touch it... literally. Jets getting catapulted right above my berthing, and working on the O-8 I can go out and watch flight ops whenever I want. I love what I do, but it sucks being out here not doing what I/we dream about doing. Hopefully we hear something this week!!!

Maturin90

I have not yet begun to fight.
It is funny to think thy after months of waiting that just the end of this week seems to far away! If the results don't come Friday I will be rather disappointed.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Talk about dreaming about it... I am so close I can taste/touch it... literally. Jets getting catapulted right above my berthing, and working on the O-8 I can go out and watch flight ops whenever I want. I love what I do, but it sucks being out here not doing what I/we dream about doing. Hopefully we hear something this week!!!
With you being personally involved in carrier ops aboard ship, and able to witness ops at night from Vulture's Row, is amazing. Gives you a great insight and appreciation for the difficulty of flying on a carrier, which you may very well be doing yourself, in the near future.

I have always been amazed at carrier operations since my first quals. Aside from the carrier flying I did on 6 deployents, I also enjoyed observing day/night launches/recoveries from "The Row", throughout my whole career. I NEVER ceased to be amazed. One time while on RANGER, operating in vicinity of Okinawa, we hosted 3 USAF Fighter jocks from Kadena AFB to observe flight ops for several days. After first observing day ops, their general attitude was that, "We could hack that with minimal sweat...", huh?:rolleyes: So then, after watching the first night launch & half of the recovery, with eyeballs popped out, the general consensus was "Noooo way, they don't pay us enough to do that"! (only a moderate ship pitching & rolling).:eek:

:)Hoping you all get positive board results by this weekend!;)
BzB

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
With you being personally involved in carrier ops aboard ship, and able to witness ops at night from Vulture's Row, is amazing. Gives you a great insight and appreciation for the difficulty of flying on a carrier, which you may very well be doing yourself, in the near future.

I have always been amazed at carrier operations since my first quals. Aside from the carrier flying I did on 6 deployents, I also enjoyed observing day/night launches/recoveries from "The Row", throughout my whole career. I NEVER ceased to be amazed. One time while on RANGER, operating in vicinity of Okinawa, we hosted 3 USAF Fighter jocks from Kadena AFB to observe flight ops for several days. After first observing day ops, their general attitude was that, "We could hack that with minimal sweat...", huh?:rolleyes: So then, after watching the first night launch & half of the recovery, with eyeballs popped out, the general consensus was "Noooo way, they don't pay us enough to do that"! (only a moderate ship pitching & rolling).:eek:

:)Hoping you all get positive board results by this weekend!;)
BzB

Thank you I hope we all get positive board results as well.