• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thread with "Cow" in it for actual meat conversation

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow. Haven't thought of Omaha Steaks in awhile. My grandparents tried them back in the day, and sent me a sampler pack when I was in Meridian.

Shortly after that, this thing called Katrina happened, and we all were stuck in Meridian waiting on it to blow over. We knew we'd lose power, so we had a massive hurricane party, invited everyone over, grilled up all the steaks, and ate them before they could spoil.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
From “Southern Living” Magazine, the 50 top BBQ restaurants in the South for 2023. Pleased to see two of them were within a couple of dozen miles of where I grew up, #33 McCabe’s BBQ in the small town of Manning and #5 Scott’s BBQ in the 1 flashing caution light of Hemingway (population 459).

Plenty of places on here - enjoy!

Good to see Snow's at #1. My CMC raves about that place (he lives between Lexington and Austin). Either Franklin is slippin', or other places are being "discovered", he used to be one of the top BBQ joints in the country. May need to try some of those NC spots next time I'm down there.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Pierces Pitt BBQ off of I64 in Williamsburg va remains my all time favorite, and I’ve been to three of the places in that list.
Need to try that next DWE.

There was a place I hit almost monthly, Matchsticks, but they just closed up shop. They started as a BBQ food truck then opened a brick-mortar location. Always had a line and brisket was always on point. Reason they closed, “not being able to pay expenses.”

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
On Kauai, we have wild goats and pigs, which our base hunting club brings in on the reg. Kailua pork here is a staple of Island life. Likewise, with the prolific fishing culture here, someone always has fresh Ahi, or smoked Marlin to trade for the mangoes or limes or bananas that you probably have growing in your backyard. It reminds me of Crab and Salmon season in the PNW, where at least one person you know has some extra to share. Neighborliness takes on a new meaning here. :)

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
On Kauai, we have wild goats and pigs, which our base hunting club brings in on the reg. Kailua pork here is a staple of Island life. Likewise, with the prolific fishing culture here, someone always has fresh Ahi, or smoked Marlin to trade for the mangoes or limes or bananas that you probably have growing in your backyard. It reminds me of Crab and Salmon season in the PNW, where at least one person you know has some extra to share. Neighborliness takes on a new meaning here. :)
You know, there was once a guy on here who used to post some pretty decent outdoor photographs. I hear he moved to paradise, he talks about it a lot, but he won’t post any pictures of the area. I think he’s trolling us and is really in command of NAS Olathe KS!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Kailua pork here is a staple of Island life.

Good, real Kailua pork ruined BBQ pork for me. I'll still eat it, but it's not quite at the level of finding out those chocolate chip cookies are actually oatmeal rasin.

Even though they downsized, Ono Grinds in San Diego still does great Kailua pork.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You know, there was once a guy on here who used to post some pretty decent outdoor photographs. I hear he moved to paradise, he talks about it a lot, but he won’t post any pictures of the area. I think he’s trolling us and is really in command of NAS Olathe KS!
All my good pics are on FB and Flickr. ?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
From “Southern Living” Magazine, the 50 top BBQ restaurants in the South for 2023. Pleased to see two of them were within a couple of dozen miles of where I grew up, #33 McCabe’s BBQ in the small town of Manning and #5 Scott’s BBQ in the 1 flashing caution light of Hemingway (population 459).

Plenty of places on here - enjoy!

Currently back in SC visiting family and looking at some real estate - refreshing that the hotel serves grits in the morning. Update on McCabes BBQ - only open Thursday, Friday, Saturday. D&H BBQ across town is open Tue-Sat, and for a few hours around dinner (lunch) for the after church crowd on Sunday. If you want to pick up sauce to take home, it is $35 per gallon.