• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

thoughts on war with Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

psrogers

Intel Officer
Final Score: Hawks 2000000 Doves 0

Bold Prediction:
There will be a war soon. It will probably be short, because our freaking air campaign will demolish every semblance of morale that the Republican Guard still has. It will NOT be Vietnam. No similarities. We will take over, occupy w/or w/out NATO support (I think we will get at least some), put in a 'friendly regime.' It will be well funded by oil revevues but still probably stab us in the back in 10-30 years.

Politics and economics play a part in all this, but nukes are big key. This isn't a cold war/war on terror/axis of evil issue with me-I hate all that theoretical garbage. Saddam can't have the bomb- what will he do with it? Does anyone else fear the bomb? So it is war. His people will suffer more as the result of his leadership.

Just my two cents. Factoid:
-Saddam has a palace with massive marble pillars with his head on the top, sporting the helment of Saladin.
-I am in Washington, and I am embarrassed for my state by the conduct of Rep. Jim McDermott (D), in Iraq, talking DOWN the war. My state is soooo liberal.

I'm not eager to die, but I want to go and help. I don't think I'll make it in time for this one. I pity the Iraqi people.

Valion310

LOL ... great minds think a like.

What pisses me off is that my fiance is going to be done with training right about the time we go over there and whip some candy ass and get some door gun time, I'll be stuck in butthole Colorado left out of yet another war finishing collage ... Maybe I'll get lucky and we'll take down Iran when I get back to the deployable fleet.

Where is our American spirit when we have a congressman pull a Jane "Hanoi" Fonda and tour the enemy?

Valion310 - "Gonna take a pic of me flipp'n the bird and have someone duck tape it to a Maverick before a mission!"

Originally posted by Hartman
24 empty missile tubes...a mushroom cloud...and it's Miller time!!!

ghost_ttu

Then we will produce environmentally safe oil, and non environmentally safe oil. The first will be a buck more a gallon, and the tree huggers can go broke while we fill up for cheap.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Valion310

After we drill for all the oil and its gone, they could make a fortune making glass ... [:D]

Valion310 ponders if I get a pay raise for 3 stars now?

FlyGirl

Hey guys...been reading and I agree we definately need Suddam out of Iraq. I think it will be hard though...not a vietnam, but something that could explode to more than just a "smash and grab" job. With the Saudi's(who do finance terroists to some extent), Israel(which is hated by the middle east), and other countries (which sometimes back terroists because they don't like US siding with Israel) near the country..that's a bit of a touchy political/military situation. I say we definately need to have enough troops, planes, bombs, etc. to take out the old regime and put in place a new one. (not sending in just a couple...but many) I will say I do think some Iraq citizens will support Suddam, but if US invades quickly enough that situation will change. We need to elimate his weapons of mass destruction.

But we also have many other countries that support Iraq.. And I'm not talking the middle east. If any of you have studied the third world countries, you also know that Suddam is tied to Castro! I worry about what that will do with Cuba being right at our back door. We are in fact talking about an axis of evil that I fear may be more organized than previously thought.

I support Bush, I support my country and Let's go get em Boys.... Pass me a Miller light! :)

psrogers

Intel Officer
I read the best article in 'Atlantic' magazine (admittedly a liberal publication) about the 391st Air Fighter Unit in the Air Force yesterday. Navy does this too. It was written by the same guy (Mark Bowden?) who wrote 'Black Hawk Down,' which probably none of you have ever seen or heard of.

You gotta read this. One excerpt: A single Army FAC (forward air controller) on the ground with Northern Alliance troops on camels, about to get pulverized and under heavy fire from Taliban tanks...He radios Air Force F-15 Strike Eagles, who can't see through the clouds, but drop their bombs blindly- the Navigator converting estimate target coordinates by hand with his Casio watch calculator from Air Force to Army norms; Army FAC on the ground turns on his laser guidance device as each bomb gets within range, directing each missile onto the tanks, changing his batteries between missiles, destroying the tanks mainly with direct hits (from the ground, all you see is bombs falling through clouds ruining a hapless army, at night)- and the camels ride down the hill to victory.

Two points: one- read this. two- if we can get congressman on the ground in Iraq, we can get all the special forces and FAC's we want in there, and do some really nasty damage.

Buck

Oh, fudge it. Just send in the Alabama Special Forces, and this war will be over before it's started.

sonnyb

my take: if the Europeans are against it, then I'm all for it. Those that are against the war claim that an invasion will only serve to destabilize the middle east. Moderate states(Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan), they say, will unravel in civil arrest. Why don't these people realize that a nuclear capable Iraq will cause regional chaos and probably disrupt the world economy. If we don't invade, hussein will be able to develop nuclear weapons, regardless if sanctions continue and if UN inspectors are allowed to "inspect" wherever they want to.
Hussein is a madman. He's used Chemical weapons against his own people and Iranians. Saddam with nuclear weapons is a pretty scary scenario.

grouch

Hey guys, we all can sleep easier now that hornet is here to tell us what to think. Man just when the traffic from one ass drops off, we get another. Hornet, stand behind your convictions and not your keyboard.

Valion310

<---- thinks he lost some intelligence reading Hornets post.

And is it really necessary to cuss in here Hornet? I ... Don't ... Think ... So ....

Status
Not open for further replies.