• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

thoughts on war with Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

I just wanted to hear what everyone thinks on going to war with Iraq, to get the view of military and retired military perspectives.

Goose

SNA Meridian
I am for it...if they are harboring Al-Qaeda members there AND creating bio-chemical weapons its time to put Saddam down AGAIN!!

Drive Fast Take Chances

ghost_ttu

What are the feelings toward the democrats that keep pushing to procrastinate military involvement? My feelings are simple. In the 50's and 60's you didn't have near the adolescent crimes that you have today. Why? Cause people beat the hell out of their kids and the law didn't care. Iraq is just another adolescent that needs beat for not playing nice.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

The Wiz

I agree with you ghost today were parents are to soft, im only 19 but my dad would open a can of whoop ass on me if did stupid shit. I think its pretty bad when we come to the aid of anyone who needs it but no one is willing to help us, execpt the usual Britan.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
I tend to distrust most politicians, regardless of party. But the Democrats have been particularly disgusting recently. They criticize President Bush for his failure to act before 9/11 and, at the same time, throw temper tantrums when he tries to do something in the best interests of the country.

Saddam Hussein is in violation of resolutions that the entire world agreed to 10 years ago. There are sketchy rumors of Iraq helping Al Qaeda. He has weapons of mass destruction (chemical/bio) and is trying to hide other development programs (possibly nukes). He has shown that he is willing to use weapons of mass destruction against his own people. Does anyone doubt that he could use them against the USA?

In a way, we have been at war with Iraq ever since the Gulf War. Our enforcement of the no-fly zones continually puts our service men and women at risk, and requires the dedication of assets which might be more effective elsewhere. Removing Hussein would help guarantee our security. It sure would be nice to have another ally in the gulf.

Of course, I'm only an SNA applicant. It probably won't be my ass rotting in an POW camp (or worse) so it's not my call to make. For those that are called to serve, know that you are appreciated. I'd be interested in hearing the opinions of active duty/retired guys...

-Greg

kmc9280

Yeah I noticed that as well. I think they know they need more support from the American people. All of the sudden it's not just that they are a threat but they are harboring Al Queda now too. Big freaking surprise, what country isn't over there? It's a new angle and I'm sure they will gain some more support but wow.

Kevin

ghost_ttu

What is the consensus of the board? Should we go to war or not? I'm for going to war....I'm not real comfortable with some psycho creating weapons and supplying resources for more psycho's to deploy to innocent people.

ghost_ttu

I'm hoping not, but you never know, we had one guy that wants to be SNA but doesn't wanna "pull the trigger"

Hudson

This is just my two cents. I am former Army and was sent to Haiti in Operation Uphold Democracy. This doesn't in and of itself make me very cool but I have locked and loaded to perform patrols at night in an urban inviroment. I have mixed emotions about going to war with Iraq. I agree with what has been said above however, if we do go it is going to be messy I fear. Not the open desert war that we had last time. Also I don't really have a problem with the people of Iraq either. They are oppressed and living under a tyranical leader. Saddam should be taken out in my view. but who am I? In a urban war many civilians get hurt. Will the republican guard play nice and wear their uniforms so we can tell them from the local market worker? Probably not. Don't get me wrong I support regime change whole heartedly what ever the way we go about it. It is just going to be physicaly messy as well as politicaly messy as well. We need to watch our six.
Please Please talk umungst your selves

JTP

I'm ready, it only motivates me more to put my application in. I am applying as a SNA to serve my country, uphold freedom, and protect it from carpet pilots, and sandies. This shit with Iraq and Saddam has got to stop. They wouldn't have the balls to set off any mass destruction weapons, because we are the ones who buy their damn oil. You never know though being so damn stupid. I'm ready to go over there and drop a bomb on his ass, and not think twice about it. I do not think this will be a quick war though, it will drag on.

If your hesitant about going to war and actually having to fly missions in Fields of Fire, you might want to rethink. I've heard many horry stories about bailing out of that desert, those SAMs aren't to friendly.

I'm ready Uncle Sam, give me my commission and my plane!

GO DAWGS!!

Hudson

JTP
Don't get me wrong if told to go I would and will in a heart beat. I just hope the people in charge make the correct choices.
For Xmas I too would like a commission and something that goes real fast

Tessone

I'm all for it. Whether there are ties to al-Qaeda or not, whether it will help oil stocks or not, none of that matters. Iraq has consistently thumbed its nose at the international community for too long. It's unfortunate that an obvious action that should have taken place years ago is taking so long to get off the ground because of a bunch of talking heads.

The whole thing going on with the Senate is really vexing. On the one hand, W. really shouldn't have said what he said (questioned Senators' committment to national security, if you haven't heard). On the other hand, where does Tom Daschle get off making speeches about it? He acts like the Senate is full of 100 retired Marine GySgts or something. Less than 1/3 of Congress has served even a day in uniform, even fewer during wartime, and even fewer than that in the Democratic Party. So trying to paint Senate Dems as patriotic veterans of WW2 who deserve an apology from George Bush is a little much.

--
Chris Tessone
http://www.polyglut.net/

Tessone

Oh, and sorry for getting a little incensed there. I go to school with 1000 radical liberals who love handing out anti-war ribbons and promoting "peace at any cost". Consequently, my fuse is a little short on political matters. :)

--
Chris Tessone
http://www.polyglut.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.