• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Those sought-after Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Originally posted by LadyJayUSN
Well, TAR...which is technically USNR, but ask the TAR's on my old boat if they were reservist and see what they say.
They're not all TARs. Most of the C-9/C-20 pilots are SELRES.

<<tali264 says i love the dolphins>>

Ray

When did I say I didn't like it? Because I can't find it. Right now I just wish I could get out of the instrument stage.

VT-22 T-45A TS
Currently: Phase 1/Mod 1

marcurb

when did i say you didnt like it? i didnt, cant find it, i said quit whining you baby..."Aww When did I say I didnt like it...blah blah blah..." But I digress, for real, I know that it must suck to be in a phase of training that sucks and you arent having much fun in it, dont let me assume you arent having fun, but i do assume you arent. I hope training is well, and wish to extend to you an apology. Have fun flying those jets...

"Gentlemen: All the Branches of the Service are 'Honorable and Noble.' Each one of you has served your country well. Be proud of that."

(signed) GOD, USN (Ret)

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Originally posted by jwilliamseeE-6s sound like a good deal. Are there any other land-based heavies besides the p-3 for active duty guys?
Just P-3 and E-6. Reserves fly C-130 and C-9/737/C-20/etc.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by jwilliamsee
E-6s sound like a good deal. Are there any other land-based heavies besides the p-3 for active duty guys?

For most of you that are still awhile out, before commissioning and hitting the pipeline, the P3 community, with regards to platform is going to undergo some changes. A new platform is coming, it is just a question of what it is going to be, and when it is going to arrive. The program is fully funded through aircraft selection and the first 16-20 planes (roughly). The runoff, think it is called CAD PHASE 2 is going on right now between the Boeing 737 IGW and a newer Lockheed P3. Probably expect a new airframe to hit the first P3 squadrons in ~2007, in Navy terms, that is just around the corner.

Just some food for thought.

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Originally posted by webmaster
Probably expect a new airframe to hit the first P3 squadrons in ~2007, in Navy terms, that is just around the corner.
Bet ya a case of beer you don't see that plane before you PCS to USS Backyard...
icon_smile_wink.gif

Deja vu from the M/SH-60R...

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Originally posted by EODDaveI'm with John and I'd like in on that bet as well.
Man, I'm gonna be swimming in beer....

<<Aimee says I WANNA KNOW IN ENGLISH (NO NAUTICAL TERMS) HOW TO LACE MY SHOES>>

Chesty

I've heard the mission associated with helo's is better and a more versatile platform to fly. But in all cases whether you'll be happy flying depends on the needs of the military, the airplane, and then the pilot. Fly what best suits you.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I have nerves of steel and a steady hand so GM is in trouble.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.