• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

This really happened

SuperChris

Sorry about the bad gouge on being kicked out, it is what I had heard when I posted. I did just talk to a bunch of guys who know the kid personally and each of them had nothing but good to say about him, on personality characteristics. Sorry also about posting the name, I didn't really think before I did that. Just an initial "I just threw up in my mouth" reaction when I saw the video.

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
Sucks for him. Obviously the Command's approval had to be given for something like this to take place. It's entirely plausible that he was asked/assigned to the photoshoot as I believe that's the way it worked out when they came here to Meridian. Pretty suck-ass way to have your reputation ruined since most won't think outside the box.

douglassonders

Sorry about the bad gouge on being kicked out, it is what I had heard when I posted. I did just talk to a bunch of guys who know the kid personally and each of them had nothing but good to say about him, on personality characteristics. Sorry also about posting the name, I didn't really think before I did that. Just an initial "I just threw up in my mouth" reaction when I saw the video.

you should modify your original post so it doesnt say he failed out so its not the first thing people read. The portrait subject is an old friend and did me a big favor helping me set up this shoot. I am a big supporter of the armed forces and do shoots like this to show my support and appreciation. Being a "civilian" (former firefighter and have numerous family members in the military), I may not understand all military politics, but its still upsetting to see an angry thread like this when all he did was help me out to do a shoot. He is a really great standup guy Ive known since college. For example, he helped set up the portrait session in Meridian so that all of his classmates in school could get a portrait. I want to say that I appreciate your service to our country and I am happy to do more portraits at other bases in the future. Don't throw a guy under the bus before you have your facts straight. Its not fair to him. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I just wanted to set the story straight.

Thank you,

Douglas
(the photographer)

PS. I have googled analytics on my blog that showed significant traffic coming from this blog post so I set up an account to respond. No troll here.

CUBUFFS4134

Tellin’ it like it is.
pilot
Contributor
HOLY THREAD REVIVAL BATMAN! I just found out that Princess Melanie works in my wife's office, and needless to say WOW!!!!!

gflyer

Geriatric entertainer extraordinaire
Awesome!! Same guy in a vette:

JC55.jpg

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
And,... what's wrong with those, junior??
Ah, yes,... I see the problem: you have to be old enough to actually LOOK like a "salty" aviator to wear them.

Thanks for the compliment on my youthful good looks. I credit never using sunscreen and drinking lots of beer.

I ditched those hideous shades sometime around the time I left the API pool in 1996. I suppose you were still wearing them around town with jorts and topsiders with socks around that time!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
You mean when I graduated high school, Gramps?

Probably about that time...apparently I still need some saltiness, though!

Apparently the only way one gets respect around here is to have wings AND and an AARP card!

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
you should modify your original post so it doesnt say he failed out so its not the first thing people read. The portrait subject is an old friend and did me a big favor helping me set up this shoot. I am a big supporter of the armed forces and do shoots like this to show my support and appreciation. Being a "civilian" (former firefighter and have numerous family members in the military), I may not understand all military politics, but its still upsetting to see an angry thread like this when all he did was help me out to do a shoot. He is a really great standup guy Ive known since college. For example, he helped set up the portrait session in Meridian so that all of his classmates in school could get a portrait. I want to say that I appreciate your service to our country and I am happy to do more portraits at other bases in the future. Don't throw a guy under the bus before you have your facts straight. Its not fair to him. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I just wanted to set the story straight.

Thank you,

Douglas
(the photographer)

PS. I have googled analytics on my blog that showed significant traffic coming from this blog post so I set up an account to respond. No troll here.

You either weren't told the entire story by your subject or were given a misrepresentation of the guidelines for the shoot.

Without going much further, think "given an inch, take a mile..."