• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

This place sucks ass.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Meridian is better when the weather is warm. When you have had too much hibachi, go to Outback. Also, you should be making regular trips to Tuscaloosa. For follow-on, anywhere is better than Meridian.....with possibly the exception of the PAC NW.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For follow-on, anywhere is better than Meridian.....with possibly the exception of the PAC NW.
Bullcrap. Don't knock it till you've tried it. Yes, you have to drive to the fun stuff, but I'll take the Cascades, Seattle, and Vancouver over the Lettuce Capital of the World any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 2 days for the fuge was more than enough time in that hellhole.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Bullcrap. Don't knock it till you've tried it. Yes, you have to drive to the fun stuff, but I'll take the Cascades, Seattle, and Vancouver over the Lettuce Capital of the World any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 2 days for the fuge was more than enough time in that hellhole.

+Infinity

Pac NW rocks my socks off.....anywhere else is just temporary

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
I saw the title and instantly thought someone was posted at MCAGCC 29 Palms. It's my understanding that every post can be great and can suck, depending on the duty. I'm still in the dark about what advanced schools are where.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm still in the dark about what advanced schools are where.

SNA Advanced breakdown:

Tailhook/Strike: NAS Meridian, MS or NAS Kingsville, TX
Helos: NAS Whiting Field, FL (South Field)
P-3's: NAS Corpus Christi, TX
E-6: Vance AFB, OK, or starting over the next few months, NAS Corpus Christi, TX
E2/C2: NAS Corpus Christi, TX following training and CQ in the T-45 @ either Meridian or Kingsville

SNFO Advanced breakdown
:

Strike: NAS Pensacola, FL

Other NFO communities complete advanced and get wings at their respective FRS.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
SNA Advanced breakdown:

E-6: Vance AFB, OK, or starting over the next few months, NAS Corpus Christi, TX
E2/C2: NAS Corpus Christi, TX following training and CQ in the T-45 @ either Meridian or Kingsville

SNFO Advanced breakdown
:

You made that way too easy on him... Should've showed him how to search for it.

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
I do appreciate the unrequested Freebie. Good initiative. I don't believe I should see the Pilot's seat of E2/C2, a P3, or at the rate we're pushing Lt's through, an EA-6B. By the time I make it through to the fleet, they'll probably have commissioned Spacecraft and start retiring the F-35B's...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I do appreciate the unrequested Freebie. Good initiative. I don't believe I should see the Pilot's seat of E2/C2, a P3, or at the rate we're pushing Lt's through, an EA-6B. By the time I make it through to the fleet, they'll probably have commissioned Spacecraft and start retiring the F-35B's...

Since you are a Marine:

MV-22 Advanced: combination of NAS Corpus Christi for multi, and NAS Whiting for helo (FWIW I heard the guys who select from the Whiting primary VT's go to helo school first, and the corpus guys go to multi first)

C-130/KC-130 Advanced: NAS Corpus Christi

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
SNA Advanced breakdown:

SNFO Advanced breakdown
:

Wait, where do Shuttles East go for advanced???

BTW, we have the Internets now. Yippiee

brownshoe

Contributor
Norfolk, now that was the “armpit” of the east coast Navy when I was in. By God, I hated going there! I had to leave the “lap of luxury” at Cecil Field, Pensacola, Yuma and JAX. Ah… those afternoons on the Lex, just lounging around. Yeah, right! (The picture taken by my friend, Walt who has signed up, but won’t post. C’mon Walt!)

Ya takes what ya get. You got jets! Suck it up.

Steve

Attachments

• lex.jpg
    lex.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 358

MasterBates

I think the enjoyment of certain duty stations can vary with your dating/marriage status.

Guys that had semi-serious GFs or wifes generally hated K-rock less than the single dudes. OTOH, their GFs/Wives generally hated Krock.

When I was married I wanted to go to Fallon, but now that I am single, I'm not so sure about going there. (granted, I'd visit Reno a lot but still)

Jacksonville was not so fun for me being married (lived far from everything to get what most spouses considered 'acceptable' housing in my price range) but as a single guy living in a condo on the beach or downtown/avondale it would have been a blast!