• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

This is old school

KBayDog

That young sailor is doubling his productivity. BZ.

See? We (the military) can be a lot more efficient than most people think.

East

东部
Contributor
That's what this dude is thinking as well....USN keeps the sea's safe!

Attachments

• 020117-N-3692H-501.jpg
    020117-N-3692H-501.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 84

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Back to several threads ago when I said P-3's need guns... Mavs just aren't good for little boats like that (nor are they as much fun). I guess cluster bombs would work though...bit over kill however.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
PropStop said:
Back to several threads ago when I said P-3's need guns... .....

Interesting you should mention that ... I was perusing this the other day and was going to start another thread with it --- mini-guns, M60's, WW-2 Norden bomb sights,Vietnam, Laos, Ho Chi Minh Trail, green P-2's .... what's all this ???

VO-67??? ATTACK VP ??? Heavy casualties, lasted only about 500 days or so as a squadron, down in the weeds with the FACs. Tough hombres ....

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
A4sForever said:
Interesting you should mention that ... I was perusing this the other day and was going to start another thread with it --- mini-guns, M60's, WW-2 Norden bomb sights,Vietnam, Laos, Ho Chi Minh Trail, green P-2's .... what's all this ???

VO-67??? ATTACK VP ??? Heavy casualties, lasted only about 500 days or so as a squadron, down in the weeds with the FACs. Tough hombres ....

Just wrote a grad school paper on Navy patrol/surv/recon w/ a big chunk on VO-67 and the P2V. They were flying w/ some serious firepower...

ip568

None
We bunked with these guys in Cam Rahn Bay, RVN. Bunch of Army Warrants. Saltiest crews you ever saw. Older than dirt, most of them. Some were in their 50s and still flying. Could drink an unbelievable amount of booze. Flew the P-2s we'd gotten rid of when we got P-3s. They were "The Black Cats."

Attachments

• AP-2H.jpg
    AP-2H.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 28