• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Neverending Callsign thread (Best/Worst/Funniest and where they came from)

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I asked my dad who flew helos in the 70's about his call name. His was kind of unoriginal, being called red because of him being a redhead. The best call name he remembered was that of Raven. Sure it was not totally PC because it was for the only African American in his squadron but remembered none the least!

Ginger_Kids.jpg

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
the ginger gene is a no shit mutant gene!!!

edit: redheads are hot though....if they're not too freckly.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
the ginger gene is a no shit mutant gene!!!

edit: redheads are hot though....if they're not too freckly.

And we're freakin' dangerous. Don't mess with us. As the bible says, the red will inherit the earth!

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Heard this one from an instructor at the academy. Female pilot's callsign: Sumat- Shut up, men are talking.

Renegade One

None
Speaking of callsigns, as for me, I need to stop hitting birds, had another bird strike on final the other day...I needed to stop doing this, or I was going to end up with a name because of this!

I know for a FACT that "Goose" is up for grabs. Think you've earned it...have a nice day.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I know for a FACT that "Goose" is up for grabs. Think you've earned it...have a nice day.
Wow, that post I made was 11 years ago in the FRS that you quoted. I would like to say that I haven't hit a bird since then... but...

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Wow, that post I made was 11 years ago in the FRS that you quoted. I would like to say that I haven't hit a bird since then... but...

I think I might have seen pictures of that bird strike. Was there a lifeless neck and head of a big bird dangling out the leading edge of the wing? Pretty sure McD was the one who emailed me the pics when he was going through 30 as an FRP; maybe both of you were on the same hop. I probably still have it somewhere in an 11 year old email...