• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Neverending Callsign thread (Best/Worst/Funniest and where they came from)

BUDU

What I am currently taking away from this thread is that I should do something stupid almost immediately after reporting. Any callsign based on my last name is painfully obvious and unoriginal...

MasterBates

Meh. My whole first squadron was mostly full of last name plays, and it was better than the overcontrived shit my last squadron loved to think up.

(note- if the explanation for a callsign is NOT a story, but it's more than a sentence long, it's too fucking contrived)

Pags

N/A
pilot
Meh. My whole first squadron was mostly full of last name plays, and it was better than the overcontrived shit my last squadron loved to think up.

(note- if the explanation for a callsign is NOT a story, but it's more than a sentence long, it's too fucking contrived)
A call sign shouldn't involve too much work. If its not immediately obvious or hysterical then its not going to last. KISS.

The weirdest are callsigns that morph into a lasting one. Something along the lines of Nate-dogg (dated 90s rap reference for you kids in the audience) to Nate-dizzle to just Dizzle.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I think I posted this before but I'm too lazy to look.

JO tour: Sleepy - because after a 36 hour stint in the Carl Vinson AWS Module while playing squadron Liason, when I finally got to my bunk and the Module AWC called be to say my CO once again wanted me on the sat radio. I told him to tell my CO I'd call him back after I got some sleep.

DH tour: Kool-Aid - not for drinking Big Navy's. One night in the Kef BOQ about a week into my DH tour I went for a beer run to restock supplies for the drunken movie night we were enjoying. Returning with 5 cases stacked in my arms I missed the door and punched through the wall. They say it looked like the Kool-Aid commercial.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
DH tour: Kool-Aid - not for drinking Big Navy's. One night in the Kef BOQ about a week into my DH tour I went for a beer run to restock supplies for the drunken movie night we were enjoying. Returning with 5 cases stacked in my arms I missed the door and punched through the wall. They say it looked like the Kool-Aid commercial.

Koolaid%20man%20Oh%20yeah.jpg

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Five cases in your arms?!? Pretty manly effort just carrying those! That's a shit ton of beer!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
(He was also flying the Gypsy Tomcat for the Raytheon photo shoot carrying 6 AIM-64s)

If you are talking about the Phoenix missile, it's AIM-54...unless you were referring to the super-secret Phoenix missile upgrades? :D

I know, don't let the truth get in the way of a good sea-story!

-ea6bflyr ;)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Five cases in your arms?!? Pretty manly effort just carrying those! That's a shit ton of beer!
Yeah, they were stacked from belt to chin and I was bent over backwards using my stomach & chest to help support them. It just added to the effect. I saw more than a couple of reenactments during my next two years in the squadron........