• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Most Insane Flyovers..

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think has some of the best caught on video and not all were made in USA (second to last almost tied the record).
That Rafale looked suspiciously like more of an "OH ****" moment than a flyby per se. That guy was really honking on the AOA . . .
I was actually gonna ask...
Was that a big no-no?

OPNAVINST 3710.7T Chapter 5 said:
Flights of naval aircraft shall be conducted so that a minimum of annoyance is experienced by persons on the ground. It is not enough for the pilot to be satisfied that no person is actually endangered. Definite and particular effort shall be taken to fly in such a manner that individuals do not believe they or their property are endangered. The following specific restrictions apply in view of the particularly unfavorable effect of the fear, extreme annoyance, and damage that can be inflicted.

OPNAVINST 3710.7T Chapter 5 said:
Flat hatting or any maneuvers conducted at low altitude and/or a high rate of speed for thrill purposes over land or water are prohibited.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I think this one wins :D

It's been posted before, but still worth a look at.

phrogpilot73

I get the feeling just looking at the first clip that that guy probably ended up at the wrong end of a long green table.
I actually have met that guy a number of times. I sit near his classmates at Navy Football games, and he usually swings by to say hello to them. He told me that it was one of his last flights before he retired, and when he switched back up to approach he said "so who am I supposed to call?" He also said that surprisingly, no one seemed to care. Nothing happened to him.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I actually have met that guy a number of times. I sit near his classmates at Navy Football games, and he usually swings by to say hello to them. He told me that it was one of his last flights before he retired, and when he switched back up to approach he said "so who am I supposed to call?" He also said that surprisingly, no one seemed to care. Nothing happened to him.

I don't know how low he was (still pretty fucking low), but the fact that the camera was way up in the stands does make it look like he was lower than he actually was.

Brett

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Check out this DC-10 tanker that was used to fight the wildfires down in California a few months back..

another view:

skidz

adrenaline junky
Concur. It was the RAF in Afghanistan I believe. Nice, but if you got caught doing it in the USMC, they'd have your balls in a jar on the wing CGs desk.
Why does is seem like the US has the most restrictions for military aviation?