• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Most Insane Flyovers..

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Maybe it's because "we" have wars to fight, and thus a purpose, whereas the neutral Swiss and the French, have nothing better to do than the Lugano Air Show...

Riiiight, because the French never do anything but eat bread and drink wine. Please.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Riiiight, because the French never do anything but eat bread and drink wine. Please.
I'm specifically referring to the act of filming these videos, not the low level tactics...

Also I was unaware that French had an overseas military presence comparable to the United States...

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I asked my roommate last deployment (a Hornet guy). The answer is one word: Tactics.

European military's are still training to extreme low-level in order to mitigate a sophisticated IAD of the old Warsaw Pact nations. We've moved on and developed new TTPs, so there's no reason for us to continue to train to that level.

Makes sense. Thanks.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
b-52flyby.jpg

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
That must be photoshopped -- look how low the nose is :D :D :D :D :D
We went through this a few years ago the last time the B-52 picture was posted.

It is not a photoshop. B-52's fly nose down like that. In fact, they also climb nose down. Search for a video of one doing a t/o or go around and you will see.

b52flybyju0.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We went through this a few years ago the last time the B-52 picture was posted.

It is not a photoshop. B-52's fly nose down like that. In fact, they also climb nose down. Search for a video of one doing a t/o or go around and you will see.

I think he knew that hence the gratuitous grinning green guys