• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

the more things change.......

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's a waste of money to have different uniforms for the different services. Let's be like Canada and just have the "American Forces."

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's a waste of money to have different uniforms for the different services. Let's be like Canada and just have the "American Forces."

Even they went back to distinctive uniforms for each of the 'Forces', along with the ranks for the Maritime Forces, because of popular sentiment.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I was going to ramble on here, but my problem is that its a wste of money and manpower to test uniforms if they don't apply to every sailor E-1 to O-10 We should all have the same stuff hanging in out closets, and the only thing different should be the rank insignia.

I'm gonna disagree with you here. I think one thing that makes the Navy great is that our NCO's and up stand out because they have a different uniform - you know whom your leaders are. Standing out on a ship is OK - standing out on the battlefield isn't OK.

Now that being said...I do everything I can to avoid wearing my khakis. Which kinda shoots a few holes in my argument - but doesn't completely invalidate it.