• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The heat and humidity at OCS

HessGirl

Running important but don't forget the rest

Even though it is important to have the time for your runs....make sure you are doing both the sit ups and push ups correctly. They are sticklers for correctness. Take it from the girlfriend of an Indoc Candidate that rolled his first week cause of it. And I read that some guys are planning to ignore pain if they get any. DO NOT DO IT! I realize that you guys want this bad, but you must take care of your body to get through it. Graduating should not come before your physical health. That's hard to take but it's better to go through healed than to suffer through in pain. Good Luck to the guys going in!!! Hydrate and Sleep!

alrodeck

Uhh, what is the next step in the EP?
I'm pretty sure he meant to push through the fatigue. The fatigue and the feeling that you think you are done vs. what your body really has left in it is what you have to moderate on the run. But I agree, if you are in legitimate pain, you may want to take it easy.
But one thing is for sure (especially in aviation) unless it is broken and can't be duct taped back into position, or the bleeding requires a tourniquet, don't go to freaking medical. We had a guy who had just made Candidate Officer decide that he should go complain then about hi shin-splints...seriously, I went to pt like twice as a Candy-O..anyway, he ended up spending an extra month waiting to graduate and get commissioned while his "stress fractures" healed. Pain really is 90% mental, and OCS will teach you that. By day 5 you will hardly be able to get out of your poopy suit, but you press and make it, or you become one of the retards walking around in khaki's and a white polo because you were too much of a pussy to make it through 13 weeks of fun.

alrodeck

Uhh, what is the next step in the EP?
and when you spend that extra month waiting to commission, think of the pay you miss out on (O-1 vs. E-5)

BackOrdered

Contributor
But one thing is for sure (especially in aviation) unless it is broken and can't be duct taped back into position, or the bleeding requires a tourniquet, don't go to freaking medical. We had a guy who had just made Candidate Officer decide that he should go complain then about hi shin-splints...seriously, I went to pt like twice as a Candy-O..anyway, he ended up spending an extra month waiting to graduate and get commissioned while his "stress fractures" healed. Pain really is 90% mental, and OCS will teach you that. By day 5 you will hardly be able to get out of your poopy suit, but you press and make it, or you become one of the retards walking around in khaki's and a white polo because you were too much of a pussy to make it through 13 weeks of fun.

This goes back to properly preparing before you arrive. You gotta get use to running on concrete. I'm not going to pretend it is easy either. It takes months for your body to build a tolerance for the impact.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Seriously, it's not that bad since you will do PFTs in the mourning and it isn't very hot at all in the mourning.
Usually when I am in a state of mourning, running is the least on my mind.....

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Run like Forest

Dont worry when your done with school youll end up in the 3 mile club like everyone else.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot

And yet I know another guy who got booted because he tried to conceal an injury and turned out to cause permenant damage to his hip and now he has no attactment to the military at all...