• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Guys just go there and tell them your leaving, make something up to convince them that you need at the moment because you won't have a chance to get your hooks on one for a long time. It worked for me, I wear a size 48, but they had all sizes. They really just hoard sh!t for no reason....

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I, along with several of my friends in 28, just got my (our) leather jackets about 2 weeks ago. I graduated API in Dec 04. They got a big shipment in here. Maybe our supply lady is just nice and continually hounds the Pcola guys til they ship them out.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
brd2881 said:
Guys just go there.....They really just hoard sh!t for no reason....
zippy said:
..... When i was in there, two people called and the guy said he didn't have any, and didn't know when they'd be getting any in. After he hung up the phone he went in the back room and brought me out mine........ it still seems hit or miss.
AMEN !!! They DO HOARD SH!T !!! There's a reason, though --- it's the Navy --- and welcome aboard. :) Do it in person, beak to beak --- not over the phone. I ended my Naval career with 2 leather and 3 green nylon (the old, better ones) jackets --- and that was after cycling jackets and other "stuff" for 20 years of bartering and trading ..... a lot of other stuff, too. Do it in person .....

snizo

Supply Officer
gregsivers said:
I, along with several of my friends in 28, just got my (our) leather jackets about 2 weeks ago. I graduated API in Dec 04. They got a big shipment in here. Maybe our supply lady is just nice and continually hounds the Pcola guys til they ship them out.

Doubt that...

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
What's your address again? I'll just look up when you're on the schedule tomorrow and hook myself up.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
gaijin6423 said:
What's your address again? I'll just look up when you're on the schedule tomorrow and hook myself up.

Now there's an enterprising young Marine. Very smart thinking. ;)

Acoustix99

pilot
They do have a secret stash of leather jackets. I just went there in person and got myself one - had been waiting since december '03. They say they won't do it before the week of your winging if you're in helos here, and they're VERY uptight about giving you one if you don't come in with orders out of pensacola in hand. They will lie to you on the phone and tell you they don't have them, you have to go in yourself and tell them you're leaving.

Acoustix99

pilot
Really? 1 month? Back when I started calling back in primary about a year and a half ago, it was [this month + 3]

litreofcola

there are three guys here at moody that just got their leather jackets in the mail today. One of the guys in my class included, he just kept calling the gear issue down in pensacola. I guess persistency pays off

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
ya know... i'm going to hawaii so it's not like i really need a leather jacket but i guess it'd give me a nice warm and fuzzy seeing it hang in my closet :)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You never know. For my second deployment, I brought my leather jacket, just in case. The day we left, I got my winter Nomex jacket I had ordered months before. Why do you need a winter Nomex in Hawaii, they asked. Because I'm supposed to have one, I'd say. Okay, we'll order it. Later that deployment, we were in Peru for their Winter, and I was quite comfortable in both jackets...well, not at once. :)