• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While this may look like a gag shot, it is actually a "transport of a transport" necessity. The B-52 was in Beirut, Lebanon undergoing routine fuel tank cleaning. Workmen accidentally damaged the bladder system and had to install the bladders from smaller C-130s temporarily. The plane was flown to nearby McCollough air base where it was lifted upon a barge bound for Tyre on the Mediterranean. Once there it was off-loaded onto the USS NIMITZ, CVN 68 carrier deck for transport to Crete where the appropriate tank bladders were installed. It was then flown back to Beirut. Military cooperation in action

In what universe does that backstory make any sense?

Brett

bbf7b2

pilot
Very interesting... Pilatus or....Caravan? I can't tell if it's a high wing. I'm guessing it was a pretty positive IA/GSA compared to making Powerpoint briefs.

I don't know for sure obviously but every Caravan I've ever seen has the single exhaust on the bottom right side of the cowling vice the one on each side configuration depicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.