• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was the Beaufort crash G related? I thought that was the Moody crash.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agree, re: ENS J. L. Cash, one never found NA Ensigns in a fleet squadron back then (or now), as by the time they complete flight training, various schools & FRS...they are at or close to LT.

Back in the day I spent a year in my fleet squadron as one of six ENS NAs. That was just prior to FRS establishment in 1958.
BzB
We had an Ensign RO show up in our F-4 squadron in WestPac. Nobody could believe he went through training so fast!
What was even more amazing was he came to us in the heat of battle. We were right in the middle of the air war over the north, all of us were experienced, and here is this FNG flying with us who looked like he was still in high school! Great guy though, and great RO. Only Ens. I ever saw with a couple of Air Medals.

Flying Toaster

None
Phenomenal HD F4F footage-

While we're at it, some other warbirds. The P-51 sound on takeoff is awesome! Don't know why they had to cut in with music.

jmcquate

Contributor
Went to the Aviation Museum by the Richmond, VA airport today. The Scooter is done up as Paul Galanti's ride. There's no room inside for Felex 110 and Habu. The elements are taking a toll.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 57

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Refuelingthefight.jpg

Refueling the fight
Seven KC-135R Stratotankers from the 916th Air Refueling Wing, Air Force Reserve, line the ramp at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base on Jan. 8, 2012. (U.S. Air Force photo/Master Sgt. Wendy Lopedote)

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Refuelingthefight.jpg

Refueling the fight
Seven KC-135R Stratotankers from the 916th Air Refueling Wing, Air Force Reserve, line the ramp at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base on Jan. 8, 2012. (U.S. Air Force photo/Master Sgt. Wendy Lopedote)

I don't want to sound lame or anything, but I wonder what the total amount of gas there is?

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
Twelve A-4J Skyhawk aircraft of Fighter Squadron 43 (VF-43) are shown in flight formation off the Atlantic coast of the United States. The aircraft are making the final official flight of the A-4 before the aircraft is retired from the Navy inventory after 39 years of service.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TweThe aircraft are making the final official flight of the A-4 before the aircraft is retired from the Navy inventory after 39 years of service.

Flaps, when was this photo taken? The USN 'official' retirement took place at the NA Museum Pensacola some 14 years ago. I drove round-trip PHX-PNA for the weekend bash (a mini-Tailhook Reunion)! I never realized until that weekend, how many A-4 Bubbas had achieved stars. Retired & active Flags were everywhere...made me proud to be a career "Scooter Driver"!PNA Museum Blue Angels.jpg
BzB

Status
Not open for further replies.