• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shpion1

Contributor
He was one of my students at VT-86.

His callsign had better be SIDESHOW or Bob.
simpsons_sideshow_bob.jpg

navyao

Here's a few more...In fact one for HJ. Gypsy 202 tied down on spot 5 of Enterprise. We were hosting CQ and operating in VACAPES before going to Newport News for refueling.

Gypsy202031.jpg

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
Sorry for the crappy picture quality; the phot was taken with a pre-digital PhD (push here dummy) camera through a scratched up TACCO window and then scanned.

Not a crappy photo at all. I see lots of Toms... 'Truders, Corsair II's and Prowlers... not a Hornet in sight. It's a beautiful picture! Brought a little tear to my eye. :D

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Avro Arrow....

The Canucks are still convinced that the US Defense industry put the kabash on this project 40 years ago. Very impressive perfomance for a huuuge interceptor.
35425.jpg

35424.jpg

35423.jpg

As a quick aside: Knowing that the RCAF was at the vanguard on NORAD's North frontier during the cold war, it would have made a lot of sense for them to buy a few AWG-9 Tomcats. (maybe too cost prohibitive??) I sort of wonder if the politics of the CF-105 and the ensuing bittterness had anything to do with them not buying F-14s or F-15s.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
From the glorious crewman dayzzz...I can still hear the Air Boss yelling at us to get the fuck off his deck.
91northstar.jpg

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flight Deck Garb

And here I thought that was a COD only thing....

-ea6bflyr ;)

As a C-1A COD Pilot, the boss's "Get the f**k off my deck!" was common & became "ho hum" standard. The one that got your attention was "COD PILOT TO THE BRIDGE, NOW"!:eek: Heard by yours truly after being spotted at trap by the Captain, with a SH short-sleeve flight suit on a sweltering, humid Yankee Station day. Dont know why he was so pissed, after all, it has an embroidered Ship's Patch!!!:icon_tong...see the actual offending bag below.
BzB

Attachments

• BzB @ Pats Vets Day.jpg
    BzB @ Pats Vets Day.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 264
Status
Not open for further replies.