• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
BulletBob said:
Ah, The Good Old Days. Most of these Photo's of P3 Orion Formation Flying were taken in the Mid to Late 60's during the Nahm Thingy. Most of You Guys here don't even remember that Thing

Welcome Bob and really like the history of the P-3 prototype pics in your profile.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
BulletBob said:
Ah, The Good Old Days. Most of these Photo's of P3 Orion Formation Flying were taken in the Mid to Late 60's

I think any one of those pictures would take every up bird on the ramp to accomplish in this day and age.:eek:

Maybe when MMA comes to town. . .:icon_wink

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Great NFL shots HJ, trying to figure out what the paint scheme idea is on the Longhorn SH-60F.

The 2 SH-60F Seahawks (formerly of NSAWC) are in different schemes. One retained the green and gray markings :

Feb2009168.jpg

Whereas the 00 aircraft has a modified tradition Longhorn paint job adapted to the SH-60F

Feb2009167.jpg

SH-60Fpaintjob.jpg

HJ Photos

Deepsea 31

Life comes at you fast
None
A gaggle of EP-3s leaving Guam, circa 1978.

Attachments

• PR-31 and PR-32 and PR-34 in Formation.jpg
    PR-31 and PR-32 and PR-34 in Formation.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 54

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
BulletBob said:
You got it right Webmaster. 1 and 4 are feathered for More time on Station. This is just a "Show-Off" Photo from '62 but, it's what We did back then down to 50 Feet. That has changed to 250 feet now due to the loss of a few P3A's. How is the Band Width Webmaster, I've got a long way to go?
Plenty of bandwidth, keep the pics coming. I figured it was a show off photo, and a good one at that. Just got me thinking about how light you would have to be, and how difficult it might have been to FLY that form with the power available. Pretty impressive!

I believe some of our allies fly their P3s down below 200'?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Wow I didn't realize the Navy still flew KC-130's (or whatever variant that is). That would be a cool job!

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
One squadron in New Orleans and one in Brunswick, for the time being. I think it's all reservists, but the ones I talked to at Jonathan's a few weeks back seemed to enjoy the hell out of their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.