• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
sorry, busy one.
i just stumbled across it. all i know is what i posted.
and you certianly should be proud to be a scooter pogue.
i would be.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
378692_326251424076335_100000744390178_1039666_1665818213_n.jpg

tomcat tarps photo werner springs
6722359093_d6b228ce25_z.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I was debating asking this on here, but what the hell...

Does anyone have the Lat/Long? We were trying to find it the other day but had no luck and when I look on Google Maps, I find what I think is the wash and Women's Prison, but can't find the camp. I think we did three laps around the area and couldn't find the camp, but I have a feeling we were off by a mile or two.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord

Does anyone have the Lat/Long? We were trying to find it the other day but had no luck and when I look on Google Maps, I find what I think is the wash and Women's Prison, but can't find the camp. I think we did three laps around the area and couldn't find the camp, but I have a feeling we were off by a mile or two.

VR1266 runs right by it, can't remember the exact turnpoint, I wanna say Echo, though. Zoom in on JMPS and you can find the intersection of the river beds.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

332030N 1164230W
[Edit: Whoops, old 1971 photo recon nav. Try try this: 33 20 50 .62N 116 42 42 .79W]

As it looked like in 1971

warnersprings.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Zoom in on JMPS.

You've already lost me. A VR-what? Are those the things that clutter up my sectional chart with random gray lines?

[Edit: Whoops, old 1971 photo recon nav. Try try this: 33 20 50 .62N 116 42 42 .79W]

Thanks. Sure enough, I was a few hundred yards off on Google Maps. I'll have to find an excuse to head up there again and see if I can find it for nostalgia's sake.

Flugelman

Contributor
Lot'sa changes from when I vacationed there in '67. The F-8 low passes were a lot lower than Flaps picture, and effin awesome. They actually got us a lttle down time as we had to hit the deck and quit doin' whatever it was we were doin' until the all-clear sounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.