• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Wow, that was hysterical and almost frightening how subservient and 2nd class that wife in the dragon lady video made HERSELF out to be. "Dragon lady will always be #1. You have to get used to that. And I'm happy.... because he's happy!" When did women get rights?? :p

I was laughing at that, too.

It sounds awesome.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Son of a bitch... how typical are these sorts of roll-outs? Makes landing the 45 in those brutal 10 kt crosswinds seem kind of junior varsity IFSish.

I like the "drag a wingtip to maintain centerline" technique. Also, it would appear, to put it in the phrasing of the war pig NATOPs, the "waveoff capabilities of the U-2 are quite spectacular."

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Agreed, but I say that in the context of landing. I've yet to fly a glider that wanted to swap ends on the ground with quite the enthusiasm of a taildragger...

Check out some open class (20m+) crosswind landings. Most of those guys will take an off field landing into the wind to avoid landing on a hard surface in a decent crosswind if they can. There was a Nimbus 3 that went ass over tea kettle at the Open Nationals a few years ago. The video of that looks pretty similar to the videos you posted.

Flying Toaster

None
Wow, that was hysterical and almost frightening how subservient and 2nd class that wife in the dragon lady video made HERSELF out to be. "Dragon lady will always be #1. You have to get used to that. And I'm happy.... because he's happy!" When did women get rights?? :p

Yeah, it's good to see society has made such progress with divorce rates well over 50% and something like 40% of children being born out of wedlock.

Check out some open class (20m+) crosswind landings. Most of those guys will take an off field landing into the wind to avoid landing on a hard surface in a decent crosswind if they can. There was a Nimbus 3 that went ass over tea kettle at the Open Nationals a few years ago. The video of that looks pretty similar to the videos you posted.

Stupid question and something I should know.... but where exactly is the CG on most gliders? Seems like it varies quite a bit. For some reason I picture it being forward of the main gear (used to a Puchacz and 2-33), but after looking around at a few pictures it seems like most rest on the rear wheel.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Stupid question and something I should know.... but where exactly is the CG on most gliders? Seems like it varies quite a bit. For some reason I picture it being forward of the main gear (used to a Puchacz and 2-33), but after looking around at a few pictures it seems like most rest on the rear wheel.

Most are slightly aft of the wheel- if not on the wheel. There are a few exceptions but many solo gliders have a CG hook for winch launches, and many of the high performance ships only have CG hooks instead of nose hooks for performance reasons.

Flugelman

Contributor
Put them out on a photo storage website like PhotoBucket (free to set up an account for basic stuff) and then link to them in the post. PM if I can assist.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Type this...
B]

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
VMF 223, 28 June 1955

This one's for you Harrier Dude......

Official VMF 223 picture taken when I was about 4 months old. My old man is in the 2nd row (sitting) 4th from the left.

This was the CO's bird. Spruced up bit for the occasion of course. Dad said the bulge on the chin is hiding an early version of a radar altimeter they were testing. He said it never worked worth a damn......

S/F

Attachments

• VMF 223 062855 AW Crop.jpg
    VMF 223 062855 AW Crop.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 107

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
5716424277_303d100866_o.jpg

Ok.. works, but is there a way to limbed the image on the page?

Thanks.

I think the link needs to be the link to the actual image and not the webpage that features the image... let's see if my deliberate misquote/fify/hack of your post works...

Looking at the aircraft in your picture a thought just crossed my mind- Have you got enough IP hours to transition to the "B" yet? :)

Flugelman

Contributor
Imbed.jpg

Click on the "Insert Image" icon, select "From Url" and clear the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" check box. Insert the URL to your Flickr photo and the photo magically appears in your post. (Magically infers that everything is correct.):icon_tong

Status
Not open for further replies.