• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

danpass

Were you literally hearing "sonic booms" ? Over a radio of some kind? Interesting!
Rolling 'thunder' was constant. But, no, I heard an actual sonic boom that day. I was standing by the campsite and BOOM. Sounded like 50 shotguns going off at once. There was no obvious explosion as I looked around. Knowing that Dry Tortugas was inside an MOA I concluded it could only have been a sonic boom.

Also knowing, from my research into Fort Jefferson and it's historic status, that sonic booms were GREATLY frowned upon, I blacked out the date and time there to protect the guilty lol.

_

jmcquate

Contributor
Out of curiosity, are there any rules for painting squadron show-birds, or is it basic "good taste"?

jmcquate

Contributor
Back in your day Brownshoe, all of the aircraft were show-birds. 60s/70s Naval aircraft were quite colorful.

jmcquate

Contributor
I know the Diamondbacks, Blue Diamonds, and Golden Dragons were getting a little out of hand.

Last edited:

UMichfly

pilot
None
I know the Diamondbacks, Blue Diamonds, and Golden Dragons were getting a little out of hand.
Those were the three that jumped out to you even after this abomination?
images

Status
Not open for further replies.