• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Home sick today and was looking through and editing some of my old squadron pics. I miss (some) of these folks... others, I speak with far too often ~

8597353887_d2246faf81_o.jpg

Was I the only one clicking on this picture hoping to get a larger version?

MasterBates

The thing is, if you took that same picture now, the Navy would take away your birthday, and you would be IA'd to Thule.

And it's what? 8 years since that picture was taken?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The thing is, if you took that same picture now, the Navy would take away your birthday, and you would be IA'd to Thule.

And it's what? 8 years since that picture was taken?

So I guess I'm getting an IA for my picture at an airshow with a couple of chicks and a bunch of us on top of my helo from 2 years ago or so. And don't tell HD, but we didn't have cranials on. I think my XO at the time may have even taken the picture.

There are PLENTY of things that are really stupid in today's Navy, but don't paint the whole place with one broad stroke. I promise you there's still good deals out there.

(Okay, so only one of the chicks was cute, but still).

MasterBates

So I guess I'm getting an IA for my picture at an airshow with a couple of chicks and a bunch of us on top of my helo from 2 years ago or so. And don't tell HD, but we didn't have cranials on. I think my XO at the time may have even taken the picture.

There are PLENTY of things that are really stupid in today's Navy, but don't paint the whole place with one broad stroke. I promise you there's still good deals out there.

(Okay, so only one of the chicks was cute, but still).
Sarcasm didn't come thru like I hoped.

Sent from a van down by the river via Tapatalk

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Washing Cutlass 471 somewhere in the Black Sea in the Spring 92'.
Water hours on the boat. Turco stings a little on the skin but it sure as shit gets you clean.
I know, Safety Violators...yeah, yeah...
scan0001.jpg

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Water hours on a two-year-old cruiser? Water was always an issue on the DD and though the mind tends to block such memories, I don't remember water hours- even when we were down to only one working ROWPU. Maybe your CHENG was just extra careful :rolleyes:

The all-hands aircraft washes were part of what made detachments fun! The mind doesn't block those memories :)

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
If memory serves, water hours were imposed because too many Hollywoods were happening.
You remember, take the metal clip holding the shower curtain up and fashion it to hold the shower button in?

The XO flipped out and beatings were administered accordingly. Good times.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
If memory serves, water hours were imposed because too many Hollywoods were happening.
You remember, take the metal clip holding the shower curtain up and fashion it to hold the shower button in?

The XO flipped out and beatings were administered accordingly. Good times.

Ahhhh, I remember the Captain talking on the 1MC about the exact same thing. Probably happens on every ship on every deployment; it's just a question of "when."

While the ship Capt talked about "Hollywood showers" vs "Navy showers," the Army CO on my IA talked about "combat showers..." same thing, different dialect of military English :D

Status
Not open for further replies.