• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

81montedriver

pilot
Can't speak for the rotary guys but we can't open up the ramp and door in a Herc anymore in flight unless we are doing airdrops or CO has approved something specific such as a PAO photo shoot. Too many people doing dumb things the last few years.

Flying Toaster

None
US_Navy_031130-N-0000P-001_Two_HH-60H_helicopters_assigned_to_the_%5Eldquo%2CFirehawks%5Erdquo%2C_of_Helicopter_Combat_Search_and_Rescue_Squadron-Special_Warfare_Support_Special_Squadron_Five.jpg

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Going through some old photos~ this used to be a blast to watch:

3696168441_e87c5da729_b.jpg
Haven't the last of the JATO bottles now been burned and there will be no more SH takeoffs - at least of the flaming type - by Fat Albert?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haven't the last of the JATO bottles now been burned and there will be no more SH takeoffs - at least of the flaming type - by Fat Albert?
I was going to make a similar comment. The last of the bottle have been used and Fat Albert no longer does JATO takeoffs.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Maybe the Federal Government could divert some funds allocated for GSA & VA conferences and use those $$ to purchase another 20-yr supply of JATO bottles for the military. They would still have millions of $$ left for boondoggles everywhere, complete w/ wine, whores and other party favors.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Maybe the Federal Government could divert some funds allocated for GSA & VA conferences and use those $$ to purchase another 20-yr supply of JATO bottles for the military. They would still have millions of $$ left for boondoggles everywhere, complete w/ wine, whores and other party favors.

Different pots of money.

phrogpilot73

Rotorhead Marines correct me if I am wrong, I may be way off here, but haven't some hard charging Marines gotten in trouble for doing what is pictured above (crewman strapped in with gun belt doing "Superman" out the back door)? May be a good idea to remove these photos if that is the case. If not, then nevermind.
As previously mentioned, not a superman - not even close. It's not uncommon for a crewchief to be on the ramp, aft station checks, gun, etc... Nothing wrong with that photo.

Can't speak for the rotary guys but we can't open up the ramp and door in a Herc anymore in flight unless we are doing airdrops or CO has approved something specific such as a PAO photo shoot. Too many people doing dumb things the last few years.
Ramp will usually be up, unless they're doing an aft station check or manning the gun. Perfectly acceptable to level the ramp in flight, hatch remains open the entire time. Only time I've seen a hatch closed was because it was balls cold, and they were trying to minimize wind.

81montedriver

pilot

That is true, no more JATO takeoffs for Fat Albert. However, a little known fact is that a J-model Herc without JATO can out climb a legacy model with JATO.

Status
Not open for further replies.