• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
What the heck is that fuzz that looks like it's coming out of the cowl?

2e0s2f5.jpg

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Windshield crazed?

It can't be Santa's beard... everybody knows he rides in a sleigh or a helicopter :)

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Blackhawkflight.jpg

Black Hawk flight
Four UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters from the 1st Air Cavalry Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division take off simultaneously from Cooper Field Aug. 21, here. The 1st ACB returned to Ft. Hood this past May after a year-long deployment to Afghanistan where the brigade provided aviation assets to coalition ground forces across four regional commands. U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Joe Armas

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
reflection.jpg

Altus Airmen at Air Force Week
U.S. Air Force Tech. Sgt. Bartek Bachleda, 54th Air Refueling Squadron, Altus Air Force Base, Okla., boom operator instructor, refuels an F-22 Raptor from Tyndall AFB, Fla., Aug. 21, 2012. The F-22 was refueled outside of New York in support of the Brooklyn Cyclone flyover during Air Force Week in New York City. (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Kenneth W. Norman)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
reflection.jpg

Altus Airmen at Air Force Week
U.S. Air Force Tech. Sgt. Bartek Bachleda, 54th Air Refueling Squadron, Altus Air Force Base, Okla., boom operator instructor, refuels an F-22 Raptor from Tyndall AFB, Fla., Aug. 21, 2012. The F-22 was refueled outside of New York in support of the Brooklyn Cyclone flyover during Air Force Week in New York City. (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Kenneth W. Norman)

A couple thing about this photo bother me.
1. Why is the boom operator wearing a mask & helmet?
2. Why is he wearing his mask the wrong way? It looks 2 sizes too small and his chin is sticking out....

-ea6bflyr ;)

Pugs

Back from the range
None
A couple thing about this photo bother me.
1. Why is the boom operator wearing a mask & helmet?
2. Why is he wearing his mask the wrong way? It looks 2 sizes too small and his chin is sticking out....

-ea6bflyr ;)

Wondered that myself. I've lost track of them times I tanked off a 135/KC-10 in my career and rode a few back on translants on them and never saw a boom operator wear any headgear but a headset. I'll go with "this will be a cool photo" set up

Status
Not open for further replies.