• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconjoe

Here's a photo I've been working on for all the AV8'ers out there...
p192775699-5.jpg

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While it is a cool picture of what appears to be a aircraft-shaped guitar on a psuedo aircraft carrier, can you fill in the back story or at LEAST MAKE A F-ING comment in your post about the subject?

-ea6bflyr ;)

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Days it pays to fly the WarPig....in-flight buffalo-chicken panini courtesy of the SS-3....taken from the pilot rack, of course...IMG_0512.JPG

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
How can you go from a P-3 shooting an AIM-9 to someone making lunch next to a full-sized coffee pot in only three posts and not expect the rest of Naval Aviation to make fun of you guys????

(I am aware some of it is from jealousy)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Beats the “green edged” bologna sandwiches we used to get in our box-lunches.
How can you go from a P-3 shooting an AIM-9 to someone making lunch next to a full-sized coffee pot in only three posts and not expect the rest of Naval Aviation to make fun of you guys????

I wonder if anyone thought of using the green bologna as a warhead? :eek:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor

(I am aware some of it is from jealousy)
P-3s are the ultimate in multi-mission capability......sometimes the mission is to shoot a missile and sometime it's to cook dinner. We're prepared to do it all on a moments notice!

navyao

Fox 2......must have been nice to have money to burn.

View attachment 10963

I remember seeing this photo or one like it and thinking, "Sweet! That would be cool." Never happened, at least not in the Reserve Sq. I was with. I remember insalling TACLS gear (I think that's what it was called) so we could carry AGM-84, that was the only forward firing weapon I ever loaded on the P-3...

As far as the galley stuff goes, we never used it! We always brought stuff with us; shirmp po-boys when we'd fly to New Orleans were the best!

phrogpilot73

Days it pays to fly the WarPig....in-flight buffalo-chicken panini courtesy of the SS-3....taken from the pilot rack, of course...
That reminds me of when I was in Fallon, NV two years ago. A buddy of mine who flies C-130s was hanging out with us in the O'Club. After the beer had been flowing for a while, we start busting his balls about flying the C-130. You know, the typical "if you can't hover, you're gay" stuff. He doesn't say anything, just pulls out his iPhone and starts scrolling through pictures until he finds the one he wants. He shows it to us, he's got a big smile, wearing his hat/headset and holding up a plate of food. "That's a pecan crusted Tilapia with a mango salsa. You can keep your hovering."

We had no comeback.

Pags

N/A
pilot
That reminds me of when I was in Fallon, NV two years ago. A buddy of mine who flies C-130s was hanging out with us in the O'Club. After the beer had been flowing for a while, we start busting his balls about flying the C-130. You know, the typical "if you can't hover, you're gay" stuff. He doesn't say anything, just pulls out his iPhone and starts scrolling through pictures until he finds the one he wants. He shows it to us, he's got a big smile, wearing his hat/headset and holding up a plate of food. "That's a pecan crusted Tilapia with a mango salsa. You can keep your hovering."

We had no comeback.
Reminds me of the old joke:
An fighter was flying next to a C-130. Being a fighter jock, the pilot of the fighter radioed the C-130 and said, "hey, watch what I can do!" and proceeded to do a series of loops, rolls, hammerheads, and all sorts of aerobatics. The C-130 pilot radios back, "not bad, but watch what I can do." The fighter pilot waits and waits, but the C-130 just keeps on flying straight and level. The fighter pilot radios back "I don't get what's so impressive...you didn't do anything!" The C-130 pilot replies "Sure I did. I got up, walked to the back. Stretched my legs. Took a leak. And then got a cup of coffee."

Status
Not open for further replies.