• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownshoe

Contributor
hc7s.jpg

One of the most decorated aviation crews in history.
Pilot Lt. Clyde Lassen (seated in cockpit) was awarded the Medal of Honor for extending a daytime, over-water mission into a night penetration of North Vietnam to rescue an F-4 Phantom crew.
Co-pilot Lt. Leroy Cook (right, with M16 rifle) received the Navy Cross.
The other two flight crew members, Bruce Dallas and Don West (at rear door, with weapons), received Silver Stars.
The June 18, 1968, Medal of Honor mission was flown by UH-2A Seasprite Bureau No. 149764 of Helicopter Composite Squadron Seven, or HC-7, using the radio call sign Clementine Two. Photo courtesy of the Robert F. Dorr Collection Linky

No “Kool-aid” drinkers in this crowd. Just a few “go to work and get shit done” fellows here in this photo. Like a friend once said: “I weep…”

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
7256183398_86526cca38_b.jpg

A Maine forest ranger stumbled upon an "eerie" find while hunting -- an ejection seat that has been identified as from a B-52 bomber that crashed nearly 50 years ago.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A Maine forest ranger stumbled upon an "eerie" find while hunting -- an ejection seat that has been identified as from a B-52 bomber that crashed nearly 50 years ago.

I recall an 'ancient' SAC base up in them thar' woods called Loring AFB, wonder if the flight originated there... any info on the fate of the BUFF & crew?
BzB

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I KNEW H-46's were alien spacecraft. This picture proves my theory!

Cool picture...what's the backgroud of the picture?

-ea6bflyr ;)

Planeform

pilot
I KNEW H-46's were alien spacecraft. This picture proves my theory!

Cool picture...what's the backgroud of the picture?

-ea6bflyr ;)

While I don't know the EXACT story behind this shot, I can tell you it is a long exposure and I'm pretty sure that is static discharge showing up on the rotors...made for a great picture.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
hc7s.jpg

No “Kool-aid” drinkers in this crowd. Just a few “go to work and get shit done” fellows here in this photo. Like a friend once said: “I weep…”
Different rescue below, and far less dangerous "down South," but still a good video of the all to frequent SARs:
[Sound starts after 12 seconds]

In addition to HC-7, we loved those Jolly Greens and Sandy's!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.