• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not an expert on what I'm assuming is Essex class flight ops.......but having a mid-deck elevator down when recovering aircraft seems a bit dicey.

Heck, he caught TWO wires! WIN! TWO is always better than ONE.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Flugelman

Contributor
Look at the guy haulin' ass out of the space below. A fair rendition of "Nuthin' but assholes and elbows..." :)

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
After seeing that night trap... makes me wonder why we don't have a Great, Constantly Changing Video thread. Even if it's all stolen from YouTube, it'd be great to see a single go-to place for badass videos.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
After seeing that night trap... makes me wonder why we don't have a Great, Constantly Changing Video thread. Even if it's all stolen from YouTube, it'd be great to see a single go-to place for badass videos.
Ya know, with a couple of mouse clicks and a few keystrokes you could stop wondering.

Just saying...

navyao

Scanned a few more pics from Vulture's Row aboard Enterprise...Enterprise's busy bow CAT 2 and a VA-94 Echo at the round out.
F-14A030.jpg

A-7E025-1.jpg

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Scanned a few more pics from Vulture's Row aboard Enterprise...Enterprise's busy bow CAT 2 and a VA-94 Echo at the round out.

A-7E025-1.jpg

This picture brought back memories of me and the rest of the V-1 Airmen painting the GD padeyes WHITE as well as the LA lines. <shudder>

-ea6bflyr ;)

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
This picture brought back memories of me and the rest of the V-1 Airmen painting the GD padeyes WHITE as well as the LA lines. <shudder>

-ea6bflyr ;)

Your comment on the pad-eyes reminded me of a story...
When I did the flight deck cert (fresh out of Newport News) of the Stennis the builders used these brass disks (about 2.5 inches diameter) to use to lay out all the flight deck lines.
After they paint the lines, the disks (which were just tack welded down) were SUPPOSED to be pulled up and the nonskid and paint touched up.
Well, someone forget that step in the checklist and when the NAVAIR jets started landing to do the cert, it was like tiddly-winks on the flight deck. The Boss shuts down flight ops while the head-shed conferred with the builders.
After they figure out what the disks actually were, the first question was "so, how many of these things are we looking for?"
The ship builders had to call back home and the official answer was that they didn't have an exact number.

This resulted in the mother of all FOD walkdowns. Not only were we looking for the usual FOD, but try looking for 2.5 inch circles under the non-skid and paint....

Status
Not open for further replies.