• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
12_14_12-.jpg
Sandys in action!
An actual SAR rescue in Laos of a downed Air Force pilot.
Jump to 6:00+ minutes in the linked vid to start to see them in action...and Jolly Greens, OV-10s and some mini-gun fire too!
http://imageevent.com/okbueno/mopic?p=104&n=1&m=-1&c=10&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2
Enjoy!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sandys in action!
An actual SAR rescue in Laos of a downed Air Force pilot.
Jump to 6:00+ minutes in the linked vid to start to see them in action.
http://imageevent.com/okbueno/mopic?p=104&n=1&m=-1&c=10&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2
Enjoy!
Fantastic video, can't say I enjoyed it, but it sure brought me back 46 years in time, for a bit. Just can't say enough about all the "ballsy" helo/amphib SAR crews, and the RESCAP drivers. I'd much rather shake the hand of any one of those dudes, than any NFL All-Pro 'super star' (hero???), any day!:)
BzB

KBayDog

Fantastic video, can't say I enjoyed it, but it sure brought me back 46 years in time, for a bit. Just can't say enough about all the "ballsy" helo/amphib SAR crews, and the RESCAP drivers. I'd much rather shake the hand of any one of those dudes, than any NFL All-Pro 'super star' (hero???), any day!:)
BzB

It was, indeed, a fantastic video - right up until the end, when the crew was drinking ALCOHOL.

I hope like hell the entire crew...hell, the entire chain of command...immediately got "random" breathalyzers, then got shit-canned. We can't have that kind of unprofessional conduct in our military. I don't care about how well they did their jobs - what kind of example did they set for their junior Airmen by imbibing alcohol?

And while my c.2012 military mind is raging, WHERE THE HELL WERE THEIR REFLECTIVE BELTS?!?!

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
It was, indeed, a fantastic video - right up until the end, when the crew was drinking ALCOHOL.

I hope like hell the entire crew...hell, the entire chain of command...immediately got "random" breathalyzers, then got shit-canned. We can't have that kind of unprofessional conduct in our military. I don't care about how well they did their jobs - what kind of example did they set for their junior Airmen by imbibing alcohol?

And while my c.2012 military mind is raging, WHERE THE HELL WERE THEIR REFLECTIVE BELTS?!?!

SAFETY VIOLATORS!!!!!!

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What is he carrying on the right outboard stations in the foreground???? Is that a super tactical flashlight, or is that just an aerodynamic nose cone for unguided rockets? I'd guess the latter....

Awesome picture btw, that looks like real flying right there!
Good question, and I don't know. Never seen that and would like to know too.

My guess would be they are beer can tubes for hauling a bunch of Budweisers back to base.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Good question, and I don't know. Never seen that and would like to know too.

My guess would be they are beer can tubes for hauling a bunch of Budweisers back to base.

Found them on here: http://www.skyraider.org/hook/weapons.html

CBU-25
These odd shaped dispensers are CBU-25(cluster bomb unit). Each of the six tubes contained baseball sized bomblets which were dispensed out the rear of the tube. The CBU was dispensed one tube per press of the pickle button. Since the A-1 often carried four CBU-25s, this was good for up to 24 passes alone without regard to the rest of the ordnance!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lincoln... I think it was 00.. .but could be 02 (I left right after the boat in-chopped)~ If it was 00, I had to borrow the camera from CIVIC (sp?) as I did not own my own...

5192716554_97d7e1bf8b_b.jpg

Yep. I left CVW-14 after Airwing Fallon in 02, but I recognize most of the names on the jets...Jungle Jones tried to eat 14 grilled cheese sandwiches at a VS sponsored feats of strength. He lost to the VAQ AMO LDO...

-ea6bflyr ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.