• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
F4.jpg
7995824758_e880369fd9.jpg

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was one wx cancel away from riding in this beast.......briefed it up, got the seat fam, and then waited as Tyndall weather just got worse and worse.

MIDN, I had the same experience (with the same "beast"), but CX'd for another interesting reason....story on this forum; 'Sticky' thread "There I Was, Stories...."; post #93.:eek:
BzB

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
E3AWACS_zps73d3460a.jpg

AWACS mission
A NATO E-3A (AWACS) Sentry aircraft flies on a mission over Southern Germany on Sept. 11, 2012. The Sentry is operated by a multinational crew composed of 14 different NATO countries to include members of the U.S. Air Force stationed at Geilenkirchen NATO Air Base, Germany. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Bennie J. Davis III/Released)

HueyCobra8151

pilot
What's the thing on the top of the rotor head?

SATCOM antenna. The antenna just above the cockpit was the original SATCOM antenna, but it had problems due to the rotors spinning above it causing interference, so they re-engineered it (re-enginguessed it?) to have the "egg-beater" on top which is supposed to work better.

As to the 4-blade looking wrong comment, the only thing wrong with that picture is that there are no rockets and no guns attached, it's still God's Chariot though. Based on the date and squadron, I'm guessing that picture was taken as they were coming home from EMV.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Due to the need of temporary officials, Dash-4 got a flight violation for that fly-over. But only dash-4. Lead wasn't cited. The FAA has stated that the ruling is final.

Alpha_Echo_606

Contributor
8027341951_12d7fa582b_b.jpg

Two AV-8B Harrier aircraft with Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 261 (Reinforced), 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), fly in formation after conducting aerial refueling training operations, Sept. 23, 2012. The training consisted of MV-22B Ospreys and AV-8B Harriers conducting aerial refueling with the 24th MEU's KC-130J Hercules planes to practice the skills needed for long-range flight operations. The 24th MEU is deployed with the Iwo Jima Amphibious Ready Group as a theater reserve and crisis response force for U.S. Central Command in the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet area of responsibility. (DoD photo by Gunnery Sgt. Chad Kiehl, U.S. Marine Corps/Released)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
8027341951_12d7fa582b_b.jpg

Two AV-8B Harrier aircraft with Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 261 (Reinforced), 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), fly in formation after conducting aerial refueling training operations, Sept. 23, 2012. The training consisted of MV-22B Ospreys and AV-8B Harriers conducting aerial refueling with the 24th MEU's KC-130J Hercules planes to practice the skills needed for long-range flight operations. The 24th MEU is deployed with the Iwo Jima Amphibious Ready Group as a theater reserve and crisis response force for U.S. Central Command in the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet area of responsibility. (DoD photo by Gunnery Sgt. Chad Kiehl, U.S. Marine Corps/Released)

Harrier dudes will be glad to know they have now been assimilated into a Plopter squadron.

Alpha_Echo_606

Contributor
It's the first stage of the ploppters evil plan to dominate the Marines.:eek:

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Harrier dudes will be glad to know they have now been assimilated into a Plopter squadron.

Scoolbubba will be glad to be able to explain, at length, the tactical and administrative implications of "REIN," and what that brings to the table and offers the operational commander... once he gets his JPME, his lobotomy, and gets assimilated into hingedom :eek: :D

Edit- sorry, man, I don't even know you in real life, but this was too much fun to resist... besides, I gave you a +1 to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.