• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Anybody belong to these Phrogs at MEI today? The T-45 studs arguing over whether they were on the correct taxiway for the active was priceless.

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Attachments

• IMG_20120904_120349.jpg
    IMG_20120904_120349.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 80

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Also just saw two aggressor Hornets pull in, but I'm about to board a flight to Lemoore...so no pics.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Phrogs (or any choppers, for that matter) at MEI = "Below" Headwork.

God invented FBOs for a reason.

Some commands are taking the air boss' guidance to minimize the use of contract fuel REALLY seriously. That equals more planes being serviced by already over tasked and incompetent transient personnel which equals longer waits and less efficiency which results in missions being delayed and crew days drug out. There are unintended consequences to saving 5 cents (or whatever it is right now) a gallon. It never ceases to amaze me how much better an operation that is based around making money (FBO) operates.

KBayDog

Some commands are taking the air boss' guidance to minimize the use of contract fuel REALLY seriously. That equals more planes being serviced by already over tasked and incompetent transient personnel which equals longer waits and less efficiency which results in missions being delayed and crew days drug out. There are unintended consequences to saving 5 cents (or whatever it is right now) a gallon. It never ceases to amaze me how much better an operation that is based around making money (FBO) operates.

Amen.

In Chopper Command, your crew day is already at a premium, since it takes forever and a day to get anywhere. As you correctly pointed out, where can I best maximize my crew day:

1. At East BFE AFB, where I need a PPR, have to arrive during field hours, have to wait for transient line personnel, fuelers, etc., not be able to get a quick bite to eat, and then get a -1 and file a 175 to depart, or
2. FBO.com, where I can arrive essentially unannounced at all hours of the day or night (though, as a professional, I gave them a courtesy call before showing up), am greeted by a lineman upon landing, fueled immediately, given a crew car to get a bite to eat, and then briefed/filed via FSS planeside.

Hey, if my command is willing to pay the extra lodging and per diem required for me to hop from base to base, I'll play the game. As long as contract fuel is legal, though, I'm going to continue to do the cost/benefit analysis that you pointed out.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Isn't there an FBO at MEI? That isn't the military field (KNMM).

It's been a long time since I've been there (for obvious reasons), but the last time I went through MEI, they were at least friendly, quick, and gave us free hot dogs.

It's not Vegas, but it's better than a military field.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Isn't there an FBO at MEI? That isn't the military field (KNMM).

It's been a long time since I've been there (for obvious reasons), but the last time I went through MEI, they were at least friendly, quick, and gave us free hot dogs.

It's not Vegas, but it's better than a military field.

Oops, yeah, my bad. That is a civilian field. My point still stands.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Hey - I'm all about you guys using FBO's - as long as you stop at KCLE and say HI! Had three "E" Super Hornets from 31 in last week for flyovers for Navy Week here. We roll out the red carpet for ya.

KBayDog

^Bitchin' paint scheme! (And I used to think those guys up in Canadia were only good for odd sketch comedy, mediocre hockey teams, and green slime.)

Status
Not open for further replies.