• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Last couple times I was there, I seem to remember passdown that thou shalt follow the a/s restrictions in the course rules, as they didn't screw around. My previous might be a slight exaggeration, but I got the feeling that a 5 bill break would have been bad juju. Just a low-level JO view. YMMV . . .
They always say that. Pay them no mind. ;)

navyao

Regarding "Flaps'" post, that's what I call centering up the T! That's a $ shot.

Nittany03: "And today there's no O-club at Nellis. Luckily the Strip is nearby."
navyao: Really?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are very few true O-Clubs left these days. Most have been converted to "all hands" facilities.

jmcquate

Contributor
Gypsy202.jpg

Another AMARG photo; 1989 Mig killer, F-14A BuNo 159437 from VF-32 - "Gypsy 202." I guess she's on a museum hold : )
NASM Udvar-Hazey has the other Gypsy MiG killer re-encarnated as a VF-31 Delta.

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
This might belong in the stupid questions thread, mods please move if appropriate.

I assume that those clown jets are all flown by the IPs. If that's the case... Then...I remember a thread some time back about squadrons having trouble finding flight hours for incentive/job-well-done flights for the enlisted types. Wouldn't this type of flight be a good way to provide those flights??

I'm sure this idea has been floated and shot down. Just wondering why.

Edit: No doubt getting the guys/gals the requisite seat training is a big part of it.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This might belong in the stupid questions thread, mods please move if appropriate.

I assume that those clown jets are all flown by the IPs. If that's the case... Then...I remember a thread some time back about squadrons having trouble finding flight hours for incentive/job-well-done flights for the enlisted types. Wouldn't this type of flight be a good way to provide those flights??

I'm sure this idea has been floated and shot down. Just wondering why.

Edit: No doubt getting the guys/gals the requisite seat training is a big part of it.

From where? There are ZERO enlisted sailors in VT land. And not all clown jets are flown by IPs, they are also flown by SNAs.

-ea6bflyr ;)

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
I was not aware that there were no enlisted in the VTs.

I figured they wouldn't let SNAs do airshow flights. Guess that's what I get for assuming.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I doubt they would have a stud do an airshow flyby but I think what ea6b meant was that studs do fly syllabus flights in the t-45. It is true that vt squadrons are basically entirely staffed by contract civilians for things like maintenance and admin

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yup. Only IPs are allowed to do airshow flybys. There may be a student in the jet, but the IP will be flying when the flyby occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.