• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepdip

Contributor
122016a0p2j4e99e0m5200.jpg

Thought this was cool

Sheepdip

Contributor
s_s01_RTX1292L.gif

Yes - Shanghai. Here it is 26 years ago and now. The two ships in the above photo are just across the water of the balls-on-stick, just off to the left of the GIF.

And you can see the then Shanghai area in the background of this photo, circa 1956.
203737rjikr4kek5k42k24.jpg

Last edited:

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
Gotta say, I didn't know they did this. Pretty cool.

F6F-3.jpg

An F6F-3 Hellcat of Fighting Squadron (VF) 1 launches from the hangar deck catapult on board the carrier Yorktown (CV 10) during her shakedown cruise in the waters off Trinidad on June 3, 1943, seventy-one years ago today.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
10382045_700896056618182_4480679862356101935_o.jpg Got to see the Blues twice this past week, once as they did a flyby of downtown Pittsburgh for a photo op and once when they performed yesterday. Having never seen them before, it blew my mind. I had chills every time they did a pass and when I heard the high-pitched "zoom" noise of the F404s as they approached. I even got to say hi and give a quick thanks to CDR Frosch and LT Chamberlin after the show. Seeing them in person really galvanized my hope that I can be a small part of the Naval Aviation community someday.

(photo credit to the Blue Angles Facebook page)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seeing them in person really galvanized my hope that I can be a small part of the Naval Aviation community someday.
Keep in mind Hoya, that if things go well for you, someday you could be flying most of the same maneuvers in formation, just as fast; 'tho not quite as tight, nor near as low. It's truly more awesome to DO it... than watch it!:)

Blues at the 'Office' - Season opener 16 March '14 - NAF El Centro, CA
1d - Blue Angels @ El Centro.JPG
BzB

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
That did surprise me BzB, besides head on passes and the diamond formations most of it was just v formations (plus #4 in the slot), echelons, spreads, and trails. I was thinking, huh, those are the same formations I could potentially be flying. Albeit, I will be lucky if I have 10% of the talent that those guys have. :D

I wonder what it is like going back to the fleet for those guys after their tour is done. They probably can keep formation without breaking any sort of a sweat. :cool:

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wonder what it is like going back to the fleet for those guys after their tour is done. They probably can keep formation without breaking any sort of a sweat. :cool:

Different. While Blues flying is for show, the type of flying most aviators do in the fleet is for the dough. Fleet flying requires more tactics and wingman support.

brownshoe

Contributor
View attachment 13744 Got to see the Blues twice this past week, once as they did a flyby of downtown Pittsburgh for a photo op and once when they performed yesterday. Having never seen them before, it blew my mind. I had chills every time they did a pass and when I heard the high-pitched "zoom" noise of the F404s as they approached. I even got to say hi and give a quick thanks to CDR Frosch and LT Chamberlin after the show. Seeing them in person really galvanized my hope that I can be a small part of the Naval Aviation community someday.

(photo credit to the Blue Angles Facebook page)
Just think, if everything goes okay for you Hoya, you'll have the privilege of working alongside people like BzB and Ron as I did. Like BzB says that photo was kinda of an everyday site for us (Corkyboy, Derf and the rest of the crowd). In the meantime enjoy your time at Georgetown and have a drink for me. http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/2011/07/10/gIQAAEveII_story.html (Miss that place. ;))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.