• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Never mind the fact that the Gator Natops is terribly written and doesn't really tell you anything besides what the pattern sort of looks like.

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
F-35.jpg

Photo of the day: Lockheed Martin pilot Dan Canin flies F-35C test aircraft CF-5 last month over the Atlantic Test Ranges at Patuxent River, Md., during a test with external stores and spin recovery chute. The F-35C is undergoing flight test and evaluation at NAS Patuxent River prior to delivery to the fleet. (Photo courtesy of Lockheed Martin)[

dilbert123

pilot

Veteran’s Day on Monday, let’s pause and remember it wasn’t all tall sea stories and liberty, sometimes friends got hurt, sometimes friends got dead. It was a risky business and somehow we survived. I have never understood why my fat ass is still around while some great guys aren’t, luck of the draw I guess. I used to tell myself it was my lightning reflexes and my daring airmanship, but that was just so much crap. A lot of good guys were just as good, better even…

Here’s to us, the survivors.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Veteran’s Day on Monday, let’s pause and remember it wasn’t all tall sea stories and liberty, sometimes friends got hurt, sometimes friends got dead. It was a risky business and somehow we survived. I have never understood why my fat ass is still around while some great guys aren’t, luck of the draw I guess. I used to tell myself it was my lightning reflexes and my daring airmanship, but that was just so much crap. A lot of good guys were just as good, better even…

Here’s to us, the survivors.
Concur absolutely. You have to be a good stick, occasionally absorb fear, maintain SA. remain cool during emergencies... but good luck, or the lack of it, is a major factor. Fortunately, most of us are blessed with good luck!:)
BzB, survivor

Last edited:

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Vintage pics,
NAS.ALAMEDA, NAS.MOFFET FIELD, brings back lots of memories, did time at both bases, Hanger 1 at Moffet is nothing but a skeleton :(]
As a new nugget 'Enswine', I reported to my first squadron VF-94 in FJ-3Ms based w/ ATG-4 at Moffett in '58. After only 2 mos, we switched home base to Alameda to join CAG-9. Didn't lose a beat, as liberty was equally outstanding at both locations, only 30 miles apart. Great memories from that era!:)
6838.jpg
At that time the "shiny new" CVA Ranger was assigned to CAG-9, and was conveniently-home ported at the bay side of the base. TacSan good deal!;)
BzB

Last edited:

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
2 of my girls standing in the same spot holding the crew photo of their great-grandfather in late 1943 under his B-17F "Tallywacker" after receiving the DFC for completing 25 missions.
Wow, great photo to hang in honor on the wall, side by side with Great Grandpa's.:D My salute to Hero G'Grandpa!:)
BzB

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
A-7.jpg

An A-7E Corsair II of Attack Squadron (VA) 146 off the carrier Constellation (CV 64) pictured in flight on November 16, 1974, thirty-nine years ago today. (Actually, yesterday. Just got it uploaded today)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Hard to tell for sure from the pictures (and without another one next to it), but if the wing has one sweep angle (the same from root to tip) and anhedral, then it's probably a MiG 15. If the wing has two sweep angles (more sweepback from the root to about half span, then less sweep for the rest) and no dihedral, then it's probably a MiG 17. The MiG 15 had a thicker wing too, but that difference can be subtle.

/nerd

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
View attachment 13090
An A-7E Corsair II of Attack Squadron (VA) 146 off the carrier Constellation (CV 64) pictured in flight on November 16, 1974, thirty-nine years ago today.
Wow Bullseye, great find! From my beloved ol' Squadron, the "Blue Diamonds" of VA-146. They were in transition from A-4Cs to A-7Bs when I detached in Dec. '67. Unfortunately, never got a chance to fly the Corsair II. In the past few decades of decommissioning Attack & Fighter Squadrons, theBDs survived and continue to excel in F/A-18Cs as VFA-146.:D

Skipper's Bird - "BusyBee 601" - 1966
A-4C 149582 NK601 VA-146.jpg
I'm guessing MIG-15?:confused:
BzB, BD, Class of 1965-'67:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.