• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Good, The Bad and The Stupid...

Should he lose his wings?

• Total voters

East

东部
Contributor
Marine Prowler hits cable

That brings me to following question I have for several months now; does any body know the fate of the 4 Marine aviators who struck a cable of a skilift several years ago? If memory serves me well several Italian civilians kicked the bucket, due to the collision...?

Don't know what the circumstances were at that time i.e. if they were allowed to be there at that FL.

Were their wings yanked off as well or were they reprimanded? Also did they suffer the same fate as on that platform was only 1 NA and 3 ECMO's?

Just like the US Army Tank Crew, Italian justice wanted them in National Court, however the US held that off and the Flightcrew stood trail in Military Court??

I do agree that the Bush Administration does not want to cooperate with the International Criminal Court.

***FAITH SHOULD BE FATE***

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just like the US Army Tank Crew, Italian justice wanted them in National Court, however the US held that off and the Flightcrew stood trail in Military Court??

Except the Prowler crew did something stupid and the tank crew was fighting a war. Completely different scenarios.

And with that said, we should never join the "international court". What a ridiculous organization.

Except the Prowler crew did something stupid and the tank crew was fighting a war. Completely different scenarios.

And with that said, we should never join the "international court". What a ridiculous organization.

Not to mention the tank crew had an equipment malfunction which lead to the incident, not a brain malfunction.

East

东部
Contributor
OK now that the Fate and Faith issue is cleared, does anybody knows the Fate of these forementioned 4 Marine Aviators?

Did they (all) loose their wings??

And yes, I am a foreigner. From the Netherlands/Europe and English is not my language.

Ik kan wel even doorgaan zo, maar het heeft denk ik weinig zin. Soms komen geschreven texten niet over zoals ik ze zou bedoelen, maar dat heeft te maken dat ik vaak technisch Engels gebruik en niet zo zeer met grammatica bezig ben.

Meaning:

I can continue like this, but what's the point. Sometimes my written words and/or sentences are not interpreted as meant, but that is because I am used to Aviation/Technical English which differs from how proper grammar was meant to be.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
And yes, I am a foreigner. From the Netherlands/Europe and English is not my language.

Don't sweat it, your English is fine. In fact, it's better than some of the members on this board. Think of it this way, if you catch someone in a spelling error here, you can rail on them double-hard. :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That brings me to following question I have for several months now; does any body know the fate of the 4 Marine aviators who struck a cable of a skilift several years ago? If memory serves me well several Italian civilians kicked the bucket, due to the collision...?

Don't know what the circumstances were at that time i.e. if they were allowed to be there at that FL.

Were their wings yanked off as well or were they reprimanded? Also did they suffer the same fate as on that platform was only 1 NA and 3 ECMO's?

I do agree that the Bush Administration does not want to cooperate with the International Criminal Court.

***FAITH SHOULD BE FATE***
If memory serves, the two front seaters got court-martials and the backseaters had charges dropped. I don't know where the MC was sitting, but there's not a whole lot you can do from the backseat if the front decides to go play with a gondola.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
UInavy said:
A well timed "WTF you stupid freaking idiot!?!?" usually does the trick. There is a lot that back-seaters can do to influence the decision making in the front. I'm sure that Brett wasn't intending for it to sound like that, I just didn't want someone to get the impression that the backseaters aren't a powerless member of the crew.
Well, in a Prowler backseat (as opposed to a Hornet), you can't see forward, so you wouldn't be able to see something like that developing (like flying under a gondola cable). Obvisously, if you know what's going on, any crew member can call a KIO, but on a low level like that, the backseaters are pretty much just along for the ride. For the kiddies out there, backseater and NFO are not equivalent terms. Some of us sit in front (right beside our beloved monkeys).

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I was flying A-6's when the "Mission Commander" concept was born --- at least in it's current intent and purpose. I ALWAYS made the aircraft decisions --- never second guessed by M/C's --- but then, again, I usually did the "right" thing, repected my M/C's and brought my B/N's home alive, in one piece, and with the ..... "mission" accomplished.

Mutual respect .... mutual trust .... be knowledgeable .... be proficient .... fly your airplane ..... and you get the job done. "Mission Commander" or no "Mission Commander" ..... :)

Some of you guys make this too hard .....