• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS The Faces Of Naval Aviation Fighting ISIS

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Man, weird to see a lot of flight school and RAG buddies on there. If only everyone knew what Smoat was an acronym for.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Article sucks.......reville? (I don't even know how to spell that because I have never heard it) 9G in an F/A-18? TR maintainers must love that :)

I thought the same thing. The NYT has done a handful of very good articles about Naval Aviation in the past few years (the first one I saw was about an airwing supporting OEF), but this one was sub-par - several things that are blatantly false and others that are just oversimplified, irrelevant, or cheesy.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Xerxes sounds way too "cool" for a USN callsign. Is he a USAF exchange guy maybe? Sounds like a USAF callsign that some F-16 Fighting Falcon guy paid 12 bottles of Jeremiah Weed for.

They had plenty of decent call signs but plenty of ones that were way too cool though like you say, the B-1 WSO 'Rhino' in our squadron became 'Sweet Pea' after his wife called the duty desk asking for him by that one day. We made sure his B-1 brethren knew about it after he back to them.

Jublov

Play Top Gun Til' the VHS breaks
I'd take Sweet Pea over Jublov any day, not a communist, i swear on my caviar, shit i mean hamburgers.