• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The DEBATE: Round 2

WHO "WON"???

• John Sidney McCain III

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Barack Hussein Obama

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • There is no DRAW ... make a choice for God's sake!!

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I really don't know. What I do know, though, is that as long as A4s isn't in here yelling at me then I must be doing something right and it's relatively smooth sailing. Relatively.

He fell asleep, the debate wast past his bedtime...he'll be in at noon to start yelling.:D

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
And it's HIGH NOON! Queue music from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

clint.jpeg

I see an angry old man on the horizon.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. I can't tell if you're commissioned or not based on your profile (given that you've been registered since '04) so I'm absolutely going to hold off on what I was going to say next.

It's the internet. How can you not expect someone to finally say exactly what they think of your posts? You're clearly outnumbered on most issues, and certainly free to post your views (as long as the privilege is given), but don't be surprised if someone disagrees and calls you out on it.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
It's the internet. How can you not expect someone to finally say exactly what they think of your posts? You're clearly outnumbered on most issues, and certainly free to post your views (as long as the privilege is given), but don't be surprised if someone disagrees and calls you out on it.

Disagreeing with my views is one thing, personal attacks are quite another. Again, holding off until I find out if he's commissioned/prior or not.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
privilege?

I kinda consider us guests unless we're paying dues or are at least commissioned Officers. I, for one, have taken more from this forum than I will be able to give back for some time.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
I kinda consider us guests unless we're paying dues or are at least commissioned Officers. I, for one, have taken more from this forum than I will be able to give back for some time.

Yea, you're entirely right. I'm just saying that I don't mind debate, discussion and banter but personal attacks are pretty lame.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Yea, you're entirely right. I'm just saying that I don't mind debate, discussion and banter but personal attacks are pretty lame.

It happens. Deal with it. Maybe you need one of these.

covert_vest_kevlar.jpg

and

When you say things like this

My friends, Senator Obama raked Senator McCain over the coals.

Do you really expect people to treat you with respect? If you have an opinion that's fine but practice using a little tact.

You come off as increasingly antagonistic in your posts for the sake of being antagonistic.

Recognize your company and adjust accordingly.

Stand by your views but don't disrespect the views of others.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
It happens. Deal with it. Maybe you need one of these.

covert_vest_kevlar.jpg

and

When you say things like this

Do you really expect people to treat you with respect? If you have an opinion that's fine but practice using a little tact.

You come off as increasingly antagonistic in your posts for the sake of being antagonistic.

Recognize your company and adjust accordingly.

Stand by your views but don't disrespect the views of others.

Antagonistic for the sake of igniting the thread - perhaps. But how was that in any way the least bit disrespectful? It was simply my opinion of the debate.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Disagreeing with my views is one thing, personal attacks are quite another. Again, holding off until I find out if he's commissioned/prior or not.

He's neither. He does have a consistent history on this board of intelligent posts and proper decorum.

Call him out. My (and everyone else's) money is on eddie.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
He's neither. He does have a consistent history on this board of intelligent posts and proper decorum.

Call him out. My (and everyone else's) money is on eddie.

Proper decorum? I beg to differ. And I sure as shit would call him out if I wasn't trying to avoid a huge flamewar cat-fight scenario.

Here's something interesting (00:14):

I wonder if it was an accident or an intentional slight?

Status
Not open for further replies.