• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The DEBATE: Round 2

WHO "WON"???

• John Sidney McCain III

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Barack Hussein Obama

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • There is no DRAW ... make a choice for God's sake!!

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo ... who "won" ... what do you "think" ... ???

boxing2nz9.jpg

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
23 hours and 41 minutes to go yet....

edit: McCain had better come out like the pugilistic pit bull....and follow up on Billy Ayers and Jeremiah. This is a risky strategy though...it smacks of desperation. If JMac had been on Barry like he beat up on Romney.... he'd be in a lot better shape.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I voted draw since the debate hasn't occurred yet...

Well, I'll be damned ... I didn't know that ... :) ... and any/all "votes" prior to the debate WILL be "zeroed" ... but please, feel free to discuss in the interim .... :sleep_125

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... McCain had better come out like the pugilistic pit bull....he'd be in a lot better shape.

No shit, sailor ... and as he was "one" in the Academy and the NAV ... I hope he "rediscovers" his ATTACK Pilot spirit ... at least this time ... :)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is a risky strategy though...it smacks of desperation.

Finally, somethign we agree on! With a month to go and down in the polls, he doesn't seem to have much of a choice.

Finally, somethign we agree on! With a month to go and down in the polls, he doesn't seem to have much of a choice.
I despise the idea that attempting to smear another candidate is acceptable. That's probably why I hate politics altogether. I don't know if such tactics serve a functional purpose on the electorate as a whole, but I sure as hell know that it only serves to distance me.

Win with honor; lose with dignity. Neither applies in politics.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Campbell Brown made a solid point in her commentary on cnn. I'm paraphrasing, but her take was whoever wins will have work to do, and the Dems may not have a filibuster proof majority. Getting both sides of the aisle to work well enough is way more difficult when everyone is pissed off and covered in mud after an election.

We had a do-nothing congress for the past two years; I'd rather they earn their paychecks for the next two.

This campaign turned nastier than 2004's in the past two days, and I didn't think that was possible. It embarrasses our nation when two people who should be the biggest class acts on tv drag each other through the mud without even speaking intelligibly about things that matter.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I don't see questioning a persons past associations as "smear" tactics...Sen. Obama was associated with an admitted terrorist (Ayers), Tony Rezco, and wingnut Wright, and now he wants to be POTUS, I see that as an issue. Sen. McCain is billing himself as a reformer, who is working against corruption, yet he was involved in the S&L scandal..granted he was exonerated, but it will still be brought up by the Sen. Obama campaign (as well as ABC/CBS/MSNBCrap) it is a legitimate point to be debated. A smear tactic is using LIES to denegrate your opponent (photoshopped pictures of Gov. Palin in a bikini, Sen. Reid claiming Sen. McCain was responsible for the original House Bailout Bill not passing, half of the things Sen. Biden said in the debate, you know, crap like that)

Where I think Sen. McCain needs to bring the heat is on the fact that he tried to legislate a solution to the Fannie Mae/ F. Mac problem back in '03, and was shot down by Democrats...

I have a feeling this election is slowly sliding from the GOP and will need either an October surprise like we haven't seen or a serious change in tactics from the Sen. McCain campaign...

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Where I think Sen. McCain needs to bring the heat is on the fact that he tried to legislate a solution to the Fannie Mae/ F. Mac problem back in '03, and was shot down by Democrats...
Apparently so has every other Congressman, if you believe what they're saying now that people are pissed at them.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I just zeroed out the poll for the third time.

The next SOB that votes prior to tomorrow nights debate will get 133 points of negative rep ...

Believe it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A smear tactic is using LIES to denegrate your opponent photoshopped pictures of Gov. Palin in a bikini....

I thought that was just some horny dude with nothing better to do with their time, which constitutes about 99.9% of dudes on the internets.

What legislation? I would like to see some info on it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Had my year wrong...2005

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s109-190

Sen. McCain was one of 3 cosponsors...
Pickle

Thanks for the info, but that is kind of a weak argument for a bill that he signed on as a co-sponsor a full year and a half after it came to the floor.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/record.xpd?id=109-s20060525-16&bill=s109-190

And never passed a Republican controlled Senate or House. Guess he didn't try hard enough.

An interesting American Enterprise Institute analysis of the House counterpart bill:

http://www.aei.org/publications/pubID.22705/pub_detail.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.