• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The basics of API

Meyerkord

pilot
I know they said A-pool is pretty much 0700 muster, PT, and a stash job. That still track?
Most people don't have stash jobs, but yeah that's basically it. PT 3x/week after muster and the occasional watch if you get called for one. If you volunteer (or get volun-told) for a stash job, you can get out of PT and muster and all other watches in exchange for working more during the week. That's what I'm doing currently.

rockthearts281

meh, worst case scenario, we die.
Most people don't have stash jobs, but yeah that's basically it. PT 3x/week after muster and the occasional watch if you get called for one. If you volunteer (or get volun-told) for a stash job, you can get out of PT and muster and all other watches in exchange for working more during the week. That's what I'm doing currently.

So after muster or PT do the people without stash jobs just go home? Is the museum still a good gig?

Meyerkord

pilot
So after muster or PT do the people without stash jobs just go home? Is the museum still a good gig?
Yeah, once you muster at 0700 you're done for the day, assuming no watch and no PT. If you're stashed, you don't muster or PT, you just do whatever job you have. Anyone who doesn't work at the museum will say it's bad, but everyone who works there doesn't seem to mind it. We all come in around 0830 and are usually gone by 1100 or 1200 depending on what's going on. Sure, you're "working" more hours per week than other people, but it's not like it's hard, and the museum itself is awesome. The volunteers have some great stories too, if you're into aviation history. Lots of them flew some cool stuff back in the day, including an SR-71 pilot who comes in sometimes. Plus you don't have to go to PT with 400 other people crammed into a gym doing some of the dumbest exercises ever. The reason I volunteered to be stashed is because I was getting bored tbh. You have a ton of downtime in A-pool, and a few hours at the museum gives me something interesting to do.

rockthearts281

Don't sweat this stuff now, man. Focus on that closest alligator...
Oh trust me, I am. I mainly just think up a lot of questions sitting in class and am bored. The biggest thing I have questions on is OCS, but they are the type of questions no one wants to answer because it "takes away the surprise."

Meyerkord

pilot
Oh trust me, I am. I mainly just think up a lot of questions sitting in class and am bored. The biggest thing I have questions on is OCS, but they are the type of questions no one wants to answer because it "takes away the surprise."
Everything you read on these forums is good enough gouge to set you up for success at OCS. Look, parts of it will suck, there's no denying that. But if you prepare and do what you're told, OCS will be the most fun you never want to have again. Looking back, you do some pretty goofy shit, but it's fun learning it with everyone else, and doing it together as a class. Spoiling all the surprises would take away from that. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM, but I'm not gonna spoil everything :D

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
Everything you read on these forums is good enough gouge to set you up for success at OCS. Look, parts of it will suck, there's no denying that. But if you prepare and do what you're told, OCS will be the most fun you never want to have again. Looking back, you do some pretty goofy shit, but it's fun learning it with everyone else, and doing it together as a class. Spoiling all the surprises would take away from that. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM, but I'm not gonna spoil everything :D

First day at OCS: Bruce Willis was the dead whole time

rockthearts281

I remember boot camp and SERE both being that way. Lots of screaming, lots of pain, and a fair amount of laughs.

First day at OCS: Bruce Willis was the dead whole time

Dude, that was the one question I didnt want answered! Spoilers! Now OCS is ruined.

rockthearts281

Why Navy and not ANG? Just curious
Oof.

Good question. I started out in the Navy. Did 5 years as an AO aboard the Harry S Truman. Spent the last 5 years in the guard. There’s quite a few things about the guard I never really understood. I don’t want to be unemployed again after my seasoning days are over. And what you get to fly in the guard has next to nothing with your ability as a pilot, and everything with who you know. In the Navy I have the opportunity to select any airframe based off of my skill and the needs of the Navy. And lastly I’m just trying to finish my active time out, get my active duty retirement, and then move on to something else.

Long post, but that’s basically a few of the reasons why I chose to go back to the Navy instead of staying ANG.

lucasjustdoit

Random question. is the navy training pipeline similar to air force? probably a stupid question for example in UPT theres standup for navy theres ....?