• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

That's gonna leave a mark...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Always check for clearance before lifting off....

Bevo16

pilot
I know we are not supposed to speculate, but can we chock that up to pilot error?

Did you hear the guy say "You are going to want this video for your insurance." RIIIIIGHT!!! I am sure that they will pay right up.

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
What about the guy running in the arc while they are starting up? Dynamic instability at low rotor RPM? I wouldn't do it...I am just saying.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Meh . . . it'll buff right out. :icon_smil

rrpilot

The pilot blamed the passenger!!! WTF And the NTSB did not buy his BS

It does sound like the passenger saying "I apologize" after the 'landing'....but after reading the NTSB report sounds like they were not buying the story...that looked like a hard hit amazing no one was hurt, pretty lucky no bystanders were injured either...:eek:

rrpilot

Along those same lines granted the CB-300 isnt exactly airwolf, but its probably not a good idea to try and teach yourself how to fly the thing...hilarity ensues:

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Ya, this is a very old video. Don't know if it's been posted here before, but I've definitely seen it.

Hmm... something about "clear right, clear left, coming forward" comes to mind... :eek:

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
It does sound like the passenger saying "I apologize" after the 'landing'....but after reading the NTSB report sounds like they were not buying the story...that looked like a hard hit amazing no one was hurt, pretty lucky no bystanders were injured either...:eek:

How could a passenger be at fault? Unless the pilot let the passenger takeoff, in which case its definitely the pilot's fault! Maybe it was the pilot who apologized after the crash?

rrpilot

How could a passenger be at fault? Unless the pilot let the passenger takeoff, in which case its definitely the pilot's fault! Maybe it was the pilot who apologized after the crash?

I agree it's kinda hard to tell the voices apart, according to the NTSB report the pilot claimed the passenger "accidentally and inadvertently hit or bumped the counterweight portion of the cyclic."
If the voice was the passenger that would seem to support the pilot's story, it appears the NTSB wasnt buying the story, however beyond conjecture it's hard for me to judge since all my flight experience is confined to Citabria's and Cessna's...maybe a helo pilot could say if the pilots story is at least feasible?